We now have an opportunity for an Apprentice Data Analyst to support a range of exciting and innovative projects within our Modelling and Inventories team.
Your responsibilities will include research and data analysis that underpins our consultancy work, including delivery of the UK’s National Atmospheric Emissions Inventory. The duration of the apprenticeship will be 22 months.
You will manage your time across several projects and business areas, although the focus of this role is to support work in our Emissions Inventories and Projections work. This will include contributing in all phases - from supporting the preparation of proposals to win new contracts, through researching and analysing information and data, to contributing to reports that are delivered to clients.
Formal training will be provided by Learning Curve Group and supplemented by on-the job training. This will include:
- Excel, Access and MySQL skills
- Access and extract data from a range of sources
- Algorithms/hypothesis and preparing suitable statistical data models over a range of datasets
- Data processing including automation of process.
- Data visualisation and formatting skills
- Estimation of uncertainties
- Presentation and communication skills
- Technical and report writing
- Planning and organisational skills
- Fundamentals of finance for business
- Introduction to coding in R and/or Python or other programming systems
- Principles of quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC)
- Data integration tools and techniques
- Quality issues for data analysis
- Testing requirements and testing data models including automatic testing.
- 1 day per week of ‘off the job’ training, delivered by Learning Curve Group.
- Final assessment