To present a calm and friendly image to patients and providing them with assistance as required in respect to their requests, such as booking appointments, requesting information etc. To keep medical records in good order, filing up to date, record messages accurately and efficiently, and assist other members of staff.
- The post holder will support all administration staff and will liaise closely with the Practice Manager to oversee staffing requirements and issues. The post-holder must be capable of performing accurately and to a high standard, any function requested of them to assist the practice to run efficiently and effectively.
- To support the Practice in particular to: administrative duties, provision of adhoc services, facilities management, Health and Safety, Security, fire protection and IM&T.
- To assist the senior management team in maintaining a happy and committed staff and working environment.
AIM: To present a calm and friendly image to patients and providing them with assistance as required in respect to their requests, such as booking appointments, requesting information etc. To keep medical records in good order, filing up to date, record messages accurately and efficiently, and assist other members of staff.
Main Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support the Practice Manager with the daily admin of the practice and will ensure communication throughout the day to enable clear communications and team working.
- Post holder will be first point of contact for administrative staff and patients’ complaints escalating to Reception Supervisor as appropriate.
- Provide first line recording and dealing with patient complaints and will pass these on in a timely manner to the Practice Manager and work further for investigation and response. Ensure all learning and outcomes from complaints are implemented across the Practice.
- WorkcloselywiththePracticeManagerandPracticeteamtoassistthePracticeinmeetingits financial targets and obligations.
- Assist proactively in QOF and enhanced services/out of hospital contracts to ensure achievement of targets is met.
- Post Holder will process practice referrals, This will require closely working with the GP Team. Comprehensive in-house training will be provided.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the Practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development and undertaking mandatory trainings.
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance to ensure on-going competency and skills for role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to listen, to discuss and to inform clearly
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous with good time management, leadership and delegation skills
- Ability to successfully manage conflict and resolve difficult situations
- Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Good degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to motivate and supervise team members to successfully meet goals and standards
- Ability to work alone and part of a team and promote a good team spirit
- Good IT skills
- Ability to make decisions, use own initiative and be innovative
- Ability to produce reports
- Able to take an overview and prioritise effectively
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to cope with multiple demands and be even-tempered in busy periods
- Willingness and ability to participate in attending training courses relation to the role
- Positive attitude &self-motivated
- Flexible working attitude
- Sensitive and assertive as appropriate
- Educated to A level (with a GCSE pass in English and Maths)/Equivalent or Equivalent experience working in a similar role
- Further training or qualifications relating to administration/leadership/management
- 37.5 Hours
- 8am - 4pm Monday to Friday
- £9750 per annum