We have an exciting opportunity in a local family run business, looking for a creative and confident Production Chef Apprentice with a genuine passion for all things food and cooking.
We have an exciting opportunity in a local family-run business looking for a creative and confident individual with a genuine passion for all things food and cooking. You must be able to work within a small team, but also use initiative in a busy kitchen. We are looking for someone innovative and confident with the ability to skillfully multitask, have good time management skills, and a willingness to learn.
We are a new young company and we want a fun relaxed working environment where all ideas are welcome. We would ideally like someone with experience in the hospitality or food industry, and a food hygiene level 2 certificate. This is not essential however we are happy to train and provide this on the job.
Your duties would include:
- Helping design new menus
- Preparation of fruit and vegetables
- Helping with general housekeeping e.g dishes floors etc
- Updating cleaning management reports
- Serving customers front of house
- Taking telephone calls for orders / checking our online system
- Liasing with staff e.g drivers regarding deliveries
- Previous experience preferable but not essential within a commercial kitchen or similar environment
- An artistic ability to help with the decoration of products
- Knowledge of health and safety
- Good interpersonal skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Willingness to learn / apply learning to the workplace
- Is extremely keen to learn from the basics upwards
- The ability to work on your own initiative, as part of a team, and to cope with changing priorities
- A calm and resilient work ethic with the ability to work well under pressure
- A*-C (9-4) in GCSE Maths and English (or the equivalent)
- The opportunity to stay on in a full-time position on completion of the apprenticeship
- Monday - Saturday 10.00am - 4.00pm
- Total hours per week: 30.00
Training to be provided
The successful applicant will complete and obtain a Level 2 Production Chef Qualification.
Link for National Apprenticeship Service Vacancy -