Incorporating highly trained personal trainers into a fitness industry business represents a strategic move that can significantly enhance its competitive standing. These trainers bring a wealth of knowledge in areas such as anatomy, nutrition, effective communication, and business acumen. Which enables them to offer a holistic approach to client fitness and wellness. Their ability to design and implement personalised training programmes tailored to individual client needs ensures not only exceptional customer satisfaction but also the development of lasting brand loyalty. Moreover, by harnessing their expertise, businesses can distinguish themselves in a crowded and competitive fitness industry marketplace.
The learner journey
1. 18 months on-programme – This is when the learner will be supported by a dedicated tutor to complete the elements listed below of the Apprenticeship Framework. The learner could partake in a combination of activities, such as classroom-based sessions, mentoring, shadowing, bespoke resources and off-site visits to support their learning and development. This programme is made up of the following qualifications:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Essential Skills Wales Communication (if required)
- Essential Skills Wales Application of Number (if required)
Free access to additional CPD qualifications for all apprentices that include:
- Level 2 Award in Circuit Training
- Level 2 Award in Group Indoor Cycling
- Level 2 Award in Kettlebell Training
- Level 2 Award in Instructing Suspended Movement Training
Apprenticeships are work-based training programmes designed around the needs of employers. These lead to nationally recognised qualifications. They are an excellent way for your business to develop key skills within your workforce.
All apprenticeships include the following elements:
- An appropriate competency qualification to at least Level 2 of the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF);
- Essential Skills Wales qualifications (If required)
- A technical knowledge qualification such as Personal Training or Sports Coaching (relevant to the specific Apprenticeship);
- Other qualifications or requirements as specified by the particular occupation such as group Indoor Cycling (Spin) and Kettlebells, circuits and suspended movement training.
Who are they for?
- Apprenticeships are available to anybody 16+ who is capable of achieving a Level 2 Qualification, so you can take on a new starter or train existing employees. Funding is available towards the cost of training and assessment.
- Apprentices will be paid a minimum of 16 hours per week at apprentice minimum wage by the employer.
- Previously completed a Level 2 Gym Instructing qualification or similar.
Find out more
To learn additional information about this apprenticeship, you can explore our Course Sheet or Learner Journey.
Contact us today!
This apprenticeship is only delivered in Wales.