Health and Social care practitioners play a vital role in supporting those with specific health needs. As the need for social care continues to rise, care workers must have up-to-date support and guidance that allows them to provide the best care possible for the people they work with. Take your first steps into your new career with our Health and Social Care pathway, covering topics such as personal care needs and general client care.
What will I learn?
Our Health and Social Care course covers the following units:
- Introduction to the Adult Care sector
- Values and Principles of Adult Care
- Skills and Attitudes needed to work in Social Care
- Communication Skills
- Roles and Responsibilities of an Adult Social Care worker
- Learn about person-centred care and safe working practices
- Duty of Care and Safeguarding
- Improve understanding of Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding and Protection
This course is government-funded, you must meet the following criteria to be able to study for free:
- You must currently live in England
- You must have been resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years for purposes other than study
- You must be over the age of 19
- You must be unemployed
Need support enrolling?
If you'd like support with your enrolment, or want to make sure this is the right course for you, fill out your details below and a member of the team will be in touch.