- Current data protection legislation, and how it is applied
- Organisational procedures concerning data
- Possible threats to ICT systems and data, and how to protect against them
- Consequences of not protecting data, and the impact of possible breaches.
Full course title
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Data Protection and Data Security
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- Must be aged 19+
- Must not be on an apprenticeship
How to Sign up
Learners may be eligible for funding which means the course won’t cost a thing to complete (subject to eligibility). There is a £125 cancellation fee if a learner enrols and fails to complete or withdraws early from the course. This fee is to cover administration costs. We may be able to offer extensions if learners are unable to meet the set submission deadline. Please read the declaration on the enrolment form carefully before signing up.
What happens after Enrolment?
- Submit your enrolment form and get instant access to begin your course
- We'll process your funding application, and a tutor will be assigned to support you through your course
- Receive text reminders when your work is due
- Your work will be marked and returned to you within 7 days
- Once you've submitted your work, we'll apply for your certificate
How Learners use this course
This 6-week course in Understanding Data Protection and Data Security can help you develop your knowledge of key data legislation, like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act. This course would be ideal for those wishing to choose a career in IT, Software, Web, Business and Management, eg;
- IT Project Manager (£30,000 to £70,000)
- User Researcher (£24,000 to £40,000)
- Web Developer (£20,000 to £50,000)