Taxi drivers are responsible for the collection of clients and transporting them to their chosen destination. It is vital that every driver is punctual, reliable, and offers good customer service for their clients. As a taxi driver, you can benefit from flexible working hours, uncapped earnings, and sustainable employment.
Before becoming a taxi driver, you will need a taxi and private hire licence from your local council. With most councils, taxi drivers must also pass a medical before getting their license, to ensure that they have good health to safely transport passengers. We have strong relationships with local authorities, allowing us to offer you the support required to get your taxi badge. We'll even fund up to £165 towards your badge and medical costs.
What will I learn?
Our taxi and private hire course covers the following units:
- Health and safety in the taxi and private hire work environment
- Road safety when driving passengers in a taxi or private hire vehicle
- Professional customer service in the taxi and private hire industry
- Taxi and private hire vehicle maintenance and safety inspections
- Regulatory framework of the Taxi and Private Hire industry
- Taxi and private hire services for passengers who require assistance
- Routes and fares in the taxi and private hire vehicle industries
- Transporting of parcels, luggage and other items
- Transporting of children and young persons
Our taxi course is designed to prepare you for employment as a taxi driver.
This course is government funded, you must meet the following criteria to be able to study for free:
- You must currently live in England
- You must have been resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years for purposes other than study
- You must be over the age of 19
- You must be unemployed
We will also fund up to £165 towards licence and medical costs.
Need support enrolling?
If you'd like support with your enrolment, or want to make sure this is the right course for you, fill out your details below and a member of the team will be in touch.