Reset. Reskill. Recover. Kickstart
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) have launched a £2 billion Kickstart Scheme which will put young people at the heart of the economic recovery. It's an “innovative way to help young people into work and spur Britain’s economic revival” while opening doors to ensure UK businesses bounce back stronger.
Due to administration capacity, the minimum number of Kickstart placement opportunities per direct application is 30 but, for businesses that wish to offer less than 30 job placements gateway organisations are approved to step in and support.
LCG are an approved Gateway Organisation and can support you with your placements – whether you have 1 opportunity or more than 30.
Request more information
Benefits to employers:
- Wages of 25 hours per week funded for placement
- New Talent into your Business – Train your workforce of tomorrow
- Help the local community
- Support young people in gaining meaningful work experience and skills
- Businesses will offer 6 months Kickstart placements for up to 30 people
- Kickstart placements must be for a minimum of 25 hours per week
- Businesses must provide employability training to all Kickstart employees
- Successful applicants will be paid National Minimum wage – funded via the Scheme
- Applicants will be aged 16-24 years of age
- They must be claiming Universal Credit
- They will be referred to the scheme via their JCP Work Coach
The Kickstart scheme is a brilliant opportunity for any business, across all sectors including the private, public and voluntary and community sectors.
What funding is available?
- 25 hours per week placement
- Paid at National Minimum Wage (NMW)
- Employer pays wages and is reimbursed monthly in arrears
- £1500 wrap around funding per placement to cover:
- Recruitment service
How Learning Curve Group will help?
- Take care of the administration and apply for all of the vacancies on your behalf
- Manage the recruitment and selection process by liaising with JCP on your behalf
- Arrange interviews with suitable applicants
- Provide the essential employability training including CV writing, interview skills, level 1 or level 2 sector specific accredited training
What is the cost for LCG services?
£1250 per placement (utilising the wrap around funding from DWP with the remaining £250 sent to you for other costs) to cover:
- Recruitment and administration services
- Essential employability training
- Sector specific training
The application process
Learning Curve Group (LCG) will make your application for placements, regardless of the number of opportunities you have within your organisation
- Job placement template sent to LCG
- LCG applies for Kickstart funding
- Funding decision is made
- Placements are advertised with JCP
- JCP adviser refers suitable applicants to LCG
- LCG completes recruitment and selection
- Employer makes final decision on successful placement
If you are a young person in receipt of Universal Credit and are interested in gaining valuable paid work experience and training speak to your JCP Advisor who will be able to discuss suitable opportunities with you.
To get involved with the Kickstart Scheme or to find out how we can help you, drop the team an email on: email@example.com