Learning Curve Group is a national training and education specialist we work with further education providers, employers, and learners to help them achieve success. We have strong values which are all centred around our learners – and that is how we believe it should be, as we impact on over 100,000 of them every year. Our ‘Purple People’, the dedicated and passionate people of LCG, help us to deliver success no matter what, to achieve our vision to ‘transform lives through learning’
- Deliver outstanding teaching and learning opportunities across Access to HE diplomas with a focus on Childcare and Education units. Subjects you will teach across include: Child Development, Play, Special Educational Needs, Managing Classroom behaviour, Policies and Procedures in Education
- The successful candidate will be confident in delivering and assessing units such as: preparing to study, preparing written assignments, and academic skills.
- Reporting to the Access to HE manager, you will be able to maintain an excellent rapport with students and staff, and be able to communicate any issues in regards to students effectively and efficiently.
- Working with other tutors as part of the Access to HE team, you will manage your units alongside other tutors, to maintain a fluent progression for students throughout the Access to HE course.
- Working Remotely or at our Durham site, you will be able to manage your own diary and workload effectively.
- Assess, mark and provide excellent feedback to students work in a timely fashion, being able to turn work around within our set guidelines.
- Effectively and confidently be able to use E- platforms to communicate with students and staff, as well as plan, and implement interactive sessions for students via Microsoft Teams and E-Assessor.
We love to develop our people so even if you don't meet 100% of the essential criteria, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- An Understanding of Access to HE provision and/or university provision.
- A Level 4 or above qualification in Childcare, Education and Training
- Recognised teaching or training qualification at level 3 or above
- Vocational experience in the area in what you are applying for
- Proven track record of meeting targets
- Good level of IT Skills
- An Excellent understanding of Microsoft Teams
- Excellent communication and coaching skills
- Drive and enthusiastic to support learners
- Passionate about transforming people’s lives through learning
- Self-reliant and able to manage own workload
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Access to a car with a full UK driving license
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Although delivery is our passion, it’s important you are comfortable using e-portfolios for the following:
- Comprehensive planning – Intent of the session and what teaching strategies.
- Resources – What resources you will use during the session e.g powerpoints
- Feedback – Feedback on the session, how the learner approached the session and what they gained
- Marking – Mapping and giving feedback on work
- Diary Management
- Audit trail – Learners not participating, that recording an audit trail on SA.
Please be aware interviews will be face to face and held at our head office in Durham or at a Learning Curve Academy nation-wide.
You’re unique – and we love that about you. As an equal opportunity employer, we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Don’t just take our word for it though! Our commitment to a number of covenants and pledges will show you just how serious we are about equal opportunities for all:
- Disability Confident Employer
- Armed Forces Covenant Silver
- Domestic Abuse Covenant
- Durham Enable
26 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
We understand the gift of time, whether it’s to see your loved ones or just spending time doing the things you love. That’s why in addition to your basic allowance of 26 days your annual leave allowance can rise to as much as 44 days per annum (inclusive of BH) because of these amazing extra leave perks:
Buy & Sell | You can buy sell up to an extra 5 days annual leave each year
2YRS Service | Staff who have 2YRS service received an extra 2 days annual leave
5YRS Service | Staff who have 5YRS service receive a further 2 days annual leave
10YRS Service | Staff who have 10YRS service receive a further 1 days annual leave
YOUR OTHER PURPLE PERKS
- Early Finish Fridays | Our staff can enjoy a 4PM finish on the last Friday of Every Month
- Armed Forces Covenant Silver | Extra leave entitlements for reservists
- Healthcare Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Cycle Scheme
- Social events
- Company Sick Pay and Bereavement Leave
- Uniform provided
HEAD OFFICE PERKS
We wish we could provide these to all, but as a national company its not always possible. However these perks are available to all staff when they attend our incredible Head Office space.
Electric Car charging points
Free fruit, Coffee and Tea
Prayer room on request or list of nearest available places of worship
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or need support in applying for this role, please contact our recruitment team on 01388 777129 or Workforus@Learningcurvegroup.co.uk
If the working hours, days or times don't quite meet your needs please contact us to see if we can accommodate working flexibly.