Learning Curve Group is a national training and education specialist. We work with further education providers, employers and learners to help them achieve success. Since 2004, Learning Curve Group (LCG) has grown both organically and through acquisition to become one of the largest and most diverse providers in the country. We have strong values which are all centred around our learners – and that's how we believe it should be, as we impact on over 100,000 of them every year. Our ‘Purple People’, the dedicated and passionate people of LCG, help us to deliver success no matter what, to achieve our vision to ‘transform lives through learning’. Our employability team generally work with adults who are further away from the employment market and support them in gaining a qualification but also boosting their confidence and other soft skills. Our LCG head office is based in County Durham, but our employability provision operates nationally! As an associate tutor you are self-employed on behalf of LCG, the model of this delivery is ad-hoc in its nature which means we can't always guarantee you hours. However, the benefit is you get to pick and choose when you would like to take on a course to accommodate to your other commitments!
You’ll need these important qualities:
• A genuine desire to help unemployed learners transform their lives
• The ability to inspire and mentor adults to achieve.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Good administration skills
• Appropriate classroom management
• Appreciation of the needs of unemployed learners
• Hold a teaching qualification at PTTLS level 3 or be working towards one.
• Occupational competency within the sector - for example Counsellor
• Relevant L3 Counselling sector qualifications
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Deliver a timetable of teaching, learning and assessment as agreed with the Delivery Manager
• To undertake qualification delivery planning in collaboration with team members that is compliant with all external requirements
• Ensure that support systems are provided to facilitate positive retention, achievement and progression
• Completing the e registers in a timely manner to the required standards
• Monitor attendance and performance of the learners on an ongoing basis and effectively report to management
• Learner requirements are dealt with quickly and effectively
• To deliver teaching, learning and assessment ensuring a positive learner experience and timely achievement.
• To ensure ILPs and progress reviews are completed appropriate to individual learner requirements, including the setting of smart targets
• Timely completion of assessment and documentation to meet awarding body, audit and organisational requirements
• Submit portfolios in a timely manner for interim and summative verification and work with the IV to ensure quality improvement
• Undertake appropriate learning and development activities as required for the job role and maintain a record of all CPD.
• Contribute where appropriate to learner disciplinary action requirements
• Attending standardisation and team meetings at designated centres to develop team and individual performance
• Promote and ensure safe working practices and safeguarding of learners with in line with current Health and Safety legislation and LCG Safeguarding and Prevent policies.
• Conduct your role in line with the company values and expected behaviours.
• Implement and comply with the Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policies
• Ensure the maintenance of confidentially and professionalism at all time.
• Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company.
For LCG to really transform lives through learning, it takes diversity of skills, knowledge culture and background. That’s why we're an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
PURPLE PERKS OF BECOMING AN ASSOCIATE
Aside from the amazing support you receive from your Tutor Delivery Manager, there are some great reasons to come onboard as an Associate Tutor with Learning Curve Group.
As an associate tutor you have the luxury of picking and choosing how often you would like to teach to accommodate to your other commitments. All Employability courses differ in terms of the length of the course and the number of days which are required from the tutor each week for delivery. You will receive all courses information prior to accepting work.
From day 1 you will receive support from your Tutor Delivery Manager, starting with an in depth and thorough onboarding process and a chance to ask all your questions! You will have regular contact and update with your manager over Microsoft Teams, or face to face if you’re passing the office.
We have recently invested into a live scheduling tool called ROTA for all our tutors in Employability. As a tutor you will receive instructions on how to sign into the APP. Once you have completed your profile, you will receive notifications when a job has been assigned to you and be able to look at all your upcoming courses you have agreed with your Tutor Manager to deliver. Organisation at its finest!
You will use your own initiative to complete the services, however LCG can specify working standards which are monitored by observations and twice-yearly standardisation meetings. The standardisation meetings are also an excellent opportunity to learn and share best practice with other tutors across the nation.
We are diverse
You’re unique – and we love that about you. As an equal opportunity employer, we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or need support in applying for this role, please contact our recruitment team on 01388 777129 or Workforus@Learningcurvegroup.co.uk
If the working hours, days or times don't quite meet your needs please contact us to see if we can accommodate working flexibly.