Learning Curve Group is a national training and education specialist. We work with further education providers, employers and learners to help them achieve success. Since 2004, Learning Curve Group (LCG) has grown both organically and through acquisition to become one of the largest and most diverse providers in the country. We have strong values which are all centred around our learners – and that's how we believe it should be, as we impact on over 100,000 of them every year. Our ‘Purple People’, the dedicated and passionate people of LCG, help us to deliver success no matter what, to achieve our vision to ‘transform lives through learning’.
This role requires highly motivated and self-driven people to deliver teaching, learning and assessment to Level 3 learners on Learning Curve Group’s Advanced Learning courses. Tutors will have recent experience and qualifications in the vocational sector relevant to the course and will take full responsibility for the effective running of the course and the associated administrative duties in accordance with the funding regulations and awarding organisation criteria (City & Guilds).
You’ll need these important qualities:
- A genuine desire to help learners transform their lives
- The ability to inspire and mentor adults to achieve.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Good administration skills
- Appropriate classroom management skills
It is essential that you:
- Hold a teaching qualification at PTTLS level 3 or be working towards one.
- Hold L3 Hair and Media Make-up, L3 Beauty Therapy, or equivalent qualifications.
- Hold an assessor qualification
We offer a full induction and training package to our new staff, so you very quickly feel part of the team.
As an essential car user, you must hold a full UK driving licence, be a confident and able driver, have access to your own vehicle and have the right to live and work in the UK.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deliver a timetable of teaching, learning and assessment as agreed with the Quality Manager ensuring a positive learner experience and timely achievement
- To undertake qualification delivery planning in collaboration with team members that is compliant with all external requirements
- Ensure that support systems are provided to facilitate positive retention, achievement and progression
- Complete manual and e registers (ProSolutions) in a timely manner to the required standards
- Monitor attendance and performance of the learners on an ongoing basis and effectively report to management
- Deal with learner requirements quickly and effectively
- To ensure ILPs and progress reviews are completed appropriate to individual learner requirements, including the setting of smart targets
- Timely completion of assessment documentation to meet awarding body, audit and organisational requirements
- Submit portfolios in a timely manner for interim and summative verification and work with the Quality team to ensure improvement activities are completed
- To obtain a consistent record of 'Good’ observation grades (in line with OFSTED expectations) and aspire to achieve 'Outstanding’ performance
- Undertake appropriate learning and development activities as required for the job role and maintain a record of all CPD
- Attend standardisation and team meetings at designated centres to develop team and individual performance
- Promote and ensure safe working practices and safeguarding of learners in line with current Health and Safety legislation and LCG Safeguarding and Prevent policies.
- Conduct your role in line with the company values and expected behaviours.
- Implement and comply with the Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policies
- Ensure the maintenance of confidentially and professionalism at all time.
- Holidays – 26 days + bank holidays
- Pension – 5% from yourself, 3% from LCG
- Armed Forces Covenant - Silve
- Healthcare and Tech scheme
- Social events
- Keeping in touch meetings
- Amazing Headquarters
For LCG to really transform lives through learning, it takes diversity of skills, knowledge culture and background. That’s why we're an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.