Learning Curve Group are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic brickwork Tutor / Assessor to join our Sunderland academy team. Learning Curve Group is a market-leading provider of high-quality accredited training programmes and apprenticeships for people aged 16 to 18 and adult learners. The role of a Bricklaying Tutor / Assessor is to support learners of all ages Monday to Friday, focussing on the studies of Bricklaying Level 2 to Level 3, both NVQs, New Standards and Diplomas. Working in both a classroom/workshop environment and site visits, you will be expected to facilitate the effective and efficient learning and assessment for study programme, unemployed and apprentice learners undergoing Construction and related courses.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be able to deliver Bricklaying diplomas and Apprenticeship qualifications levels - 2 & 3
- Undertake scheduled teaching/training and assessments to a high standard
- Planning, preparing, and delivering high quality training to groups and individuals in the workplace and academy.
- Visiting employers to discuss training needs.
- Undertake on site assessments
- Undertake relevant course development and research in collaboration with the Academy Manager Monitor and control course information
- Co-ordinate the designated curriculum including tutorial/pastoral activities
- Co-ordinate all activities associated with the learning journey including but not limited to induction, target setting and progress reviews
- Undertake marketing and promotional activities
- Undertake student admissions, recruitment, advice and guidance
- Arrange registration and certification process
- Manage student discipline and standards
- Management and supervision of student visits
- Undertake internal verification as required
- Prepare high quality learning materials and student assignments
- Carry out reasonable appropriate administration duties
- Carry out any additional duties as require
- Level 3 in Trowel Trades
- Occupational background and teaching experience in Brickwork
- Teaching qualification (PTLLS, AET, CTLLS, DTLLS, CERT ED etc.)
- Assessing qualification (D32/33, A1 Award, TAQA)
- Holidays – 26 days + bank holidays
- Pension – 5% from yourself, 3% from LCG
- Healthcare and Tech scheme
- Social events
- Keeping in touch meetings
- Amazing Headquarters
For LCG to really transform lives through learning, it takes diversity of skills, knowledge culture and background. That’s why we're an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.