Learning Curve Group is a national training and education specialist we work with further education providers, employers, and learners to help them achieve success. We have strong values which are all centred around our learners – and that is how we believe it should be, as we impact on over 100,000 of them every year. Our ‘Purple People’, the dedicated and passionate people of LCG, help us to deliver success no matter what, to achieve our vision to ‘transform lives through learning’. So where do our Apprenticeship Trainer’s fit in?
Work-based learning provides learners an opportunity to learn then apply academic and technical skills in real life work experience. Apprenticeship Trainers play an integral part in this process, delivering all aspects of the framework & standards to successful completing of the qualification. They need to be masters in the occupational field in which they are delivering to impart both theoretical and often practical knowledge to the learners.
At Learning Curve Group we believe in a blended approach to delivery, so some learning will take place remotely with the use of video conferencing. However its important we meet the needs of all learners and there are still occasions where delivery will need to take place face to face.
We are looking for an Apprenticeship Trainer to deliver the Business Analyst Level 4 standard nationally. Excited by the prospect of transforming lives? You will need these important qualities to apply:
- Passion for learning and coaching
- Focused on developing the potential in people
- Personable and engaging
- Organised and self-reliant
- Enthusiastic and professional
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan and deliver a training programme that ensures a robust ILP and regular review of learner progress
- Ensure all learner records and reporting are kept up to date and provided in a timely manner to support management reporting and audit requirement
- Facilitate the teaching of any functional skills qualifications required by apprentices as part of your caseload, providing meaningful and specific feedback to learners to support progression. Liaising with specialist functional skills tutors where applicable.
- Provide robust exit advice to learners as they set personal goals for career progression ( recognising IAG across the learning journey as well as at the end)
- Facilitate learning and adhere to the standards of the apprenticeship programme to ensure consistency and fairness throughout all teaching, learning and assessment delivery techniques, and provide meaningful and specific feedback to learners to support progression.
- Deliver balanced KPI’s in line with company expectations
- Operate within the delivery framework to maintain operational consistency and ensure learner progress
- Ensure all learners receive the highest quality experience in line with company expectations and external requirements.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with business support teams to support the delivery of the sector plan
- Participate in quality assurance activities working closely with the quality team.
- Drive self – generation across the area you operate within
- Maintain and enhance relationships with existing learner and clients assuring the Learning Curve Group brand is synonymous with and recognised for quality of service
- Ensure CPD is planned and reflects Company and stakeholder requirements as guided by the quality team.
- Ensure any CPD updates are added to Purple People
- To be a vocational expert within the designated sector
- Contribute to ad hoc cross sector/function projects to support the delivery of Learning Curve Group's strategic plan
- Demonstrate the organisation’s values and behaviours
Key Performance Indicators
- Maintain a caseload level of up to 42 learners
- Retention and achievement rates
- Less than 5% pass planned end date learners
- Regular contact with learners and employers
Although delivery is our passion, it’s important you are comfortable using e-portfolios for the following:
- Comprehensive planning – Intent of the session and what teaching strategies
- Resources – What resources you will use during the session e.g Powerpoints
- Feedback – Feedback on the session, how the learner approached the session and what they gained
- Marking – Mapping and giving feedback on work
- OTJ – Recording OTJ on learners profiles
- Diary Management – Booking sessions through our e-portfolio system
- Audit trail - For learners not participating, recording an audit trail is important
- Vocational experience in the area in which you are applying for
- Proven track record of meeting targets
- Good level of IT Skills
- Excellent communication and coaching skills
- Enthusiastic to support learners
- Passionate about transforming people’s lives through learning
- Self-reliant and able to manage own workload
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Access to a car with a full UK driving licence
- Right to live and work in the UK
- A teaching or training qualification at level 3 or above (Don't be deterred if you don't have this! We may be able to support you in gaining this)
You’re unique – and we love that about you. As an equal opportunity employer, we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Don’t just take our word for it though! Our commitment to a number of covenants and pledges will show you just how serious we are about equal opportunities for all:
- Disability Confident Employer
- Armed Forces Covenant Silver
- Domestic Abuse Covenant
- Durham Enable
- Care Leaver Covenant
26 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
We understand the gift of time, whether it’s to see your loved ones or just spending time doing the things you love. That’s why in addition to your basic allowance of 26 days your annual leave allowance can rise to as much as 44 days per annum (inclusive of BH) because of these amazing extra leave perks:
Buy & Sell | You can buy sell up to an extra 5 days annual leave each year
2YRS Service | Staff who have 2YRS service received an extra 2 days annual leave
5YRS Service | Staff who have 5YRS service receive a further 2 days annual leave
10YRS Service | Staff who have 10YRS service receive a further 1 days annual leave
YOUR OTHER PURPLE PERKS ARE HERE BUT WE'VE SUMMARISED BELOW:
- Early Finish Fridays | Our staff can enjoy a 4PM finish on the last Friday of Every Month
- Armed Forces Covenant Silver | Extra leave entitlements for reservists
- Healthcare Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Cycle Scheme
- Social events
- Company Sick Pay and Bereavement Leave
- Uniform provided
HEAD OFFICE PERKS
We wish we could provide these to all, but as a national company its not always possible. However these perks are available to all staff when they attend our incredible Head Office space.
- Electric Car charging points
- Free fruit, Coffee and Tea
- Onsite Shower
- Prayer room on request or list of nearest available places of worship
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or need support in applying for this role, please contact our recruitment team on 01388 777129 or Workforus@Learningcurvegroup.co.uk
If the working hours, days or times don't quite meet your needs please contact us to see if we can accommodate working flexibly.