Learning Curve Group is a national training and education specialist. We work with further education providers, employers and learners to help them achieve success. Since 2004, Learning Curve Group (LCG) has grown both organically and through acquisition to become one of the largest and most diverse providers in the country. We have strong values which are all centred around our learners – and that's how we believe it should be, as we impact on over 100,000 of them every year. Our ‘Purple People’, the dedicated and passionate people of LCG, help us to deliver success no matter what, to achieve our vision to ‘transform lives through learning’.
Centre and People Management
- Manage and monitor the overall academy performance to maintain high standards of professionalism and quality of the provision, using agreed KPI’s to meet key company objectives.
- Develop and line manage centre staff to ensure delivery of the provision is maintained to a high standard, with the provision fully staffed.
- Effectively manage team performance and underperformance through robust and timely reviews with the use of observation outcomes and RAG ratings where appropriate
- Ensure that all Tutors/Assessors maintain their CPD requirements in line with the guidelines as specified by the Awarding Body.
- Develop strategies and drive improvements in relation to learner attendance, retention, and achievement.
- Responsibility for producing daily/weekly/monthly reports in relation to academy performance and learner progress and report to the executive team where required.
- Contribute to the actions set out in the Quality Improvement Plan and ensure that it is disseminated to all employability staff and that the QIP actions are delivered.
- Manage the review process ensuring that progress reviews are completed timely.
- Ensure that the centre is cost effective with monitoring and management of budgeted expenditure.
- Support the EEM with employer engagement activity including managing open days and employer visits.
- Support the implementation of improvement strategies resulting from the employer satisfaction surveys.
- Assist the EEM with recruitment of learners, reporting on profile targets and monitor outcomes.
- Manage the Learner Voice process to ensure that all learners complete the survey’s and report the outcomes in the monthly report and implement changes as agreed with the Director of Employability.
- Provide support for learners and impartial information, advice and guidance as required throughout their learning experience.
- Ensure that learners receive adequate ALS and reviews are carried out monthly.
Safeguarding and Prevent
- Perform the Designated Safeguarding Officer duties as required and ensure all staff within the Academy are aware of their Safeguarding responsibilities and escalation processes for reporting Safeguarding issues.
- Responsible to support the development of safeguarding and child protection policies, training and procedures and guidance for the Hair and Beauty Academies and to assist in the coordination of referrals, arranging action and reviewing services for children and young people and vulnerable adults.
- Encourage good practice across the centre and championing the LCG Safeguarding policy and procedures.
- Support Lead Safeguarding Officers in completing professional assessments of need and risk
Quality & Compliance
- Work collaboratively with the Quality team to effectively monitor and manage all centre provision, including performance management and audit compliance.
- Support the Lead IQA by contributing to the IQA strategy and schedule.
- Support the IQA with standardisation of the delivery of the employability provision.
- Support IQA to ensure appropriate quality assurance checks are conducted within the curriculum area in line with centre's audit policies and procedures.
- Produce ad hoc reports as and when required.
- Maintain own CPD.
- Comply and follow all processes within the Health and Safety Policy
- Comply and follow all processes within the IT Policy and, Data Protection and Information Security Policy
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company.
- Always ensure the maintenance of confidentially and professionalism.
- It is essential that you have a commitment to behave in a way that meets our company values and that places the learner and their wellbeing at the heart of what you do
- Relevant teaching qualification to a minimum of Level 3
- Level 2 numeracy and literacy
- Experience of teaching and learning in a management role
- Experience of driving employer engagement particularly in the employability sector
- Knowledge and experience of PFA audits and ESFA eligibility rules
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritise conflicting demands, work under pressure and targets
- Knowledge of the Education Inspection Framework and experience of Ofsted Inspections
- Strong communication, presentation and IT skills
- Ability to lead from the front, showing strong leadership skills, assertive and target focused
- good influencing and negotiation skills
- Good people skills for developing relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Holidays – 26 days + bank holidays
- Pension – 5% from yourself, 3% from LCG
- Armed Forces Covenant - Silver
- Healthcare and Tech scheme
- Social events
- Keeping in touch meetings
- Amazing Headquarters
For LCG to really transform lives through learning, it takes diversity of skills, knowledge culture and background. That’s why we're an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.