Learning Curve Group is a national training and education specialist. We work with further education providers, employers, and learners to help them achieve success. We have strong values which are all centred around our learners – and that is how we believe it should be, as we impact on over 100,000 of them every year. Our ‘Purple People’, the dedicated and passionate people of LCG, help us to deliver success no matter what, to achieve our vision to ‘transform lives through learning’.
This role requires a highly motivated and self-driven person for the assessment on Learning Curve Group, Flexible Learning Counselling Course. Tutors will have recent experience in the vocational sector relevant to Counselling. The tutor will take full responsibility for the effective running of the course and the associated administrative duties in accordance with the funding regulations.
You will assess learner performance and/or deliver related underpinning knowledge and support in a range of tasks to ensure that the competence and/or knowledge meet the requirements of the standards.
NCFE LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE IN COUNSELLING SKILLS
This qualification is designed for learners to learn about core skills and how to use them in a counselling relationship. They will also be taught about counselling theory and the ethical framework that informs how counsellors use their skills.
2 Workbooks/ 4 sections in total
- Describe how core counselling skills can be used in a counselling relationship and in other helping activities
- Describe how counselling theory underpins the use of counselling skills
- Describe how the ethical framework informs own use of counselling skills.
- Describe how to develop skills and qualities in the future
- Provide support, feedback and guidance to learners on programme ensuring regular contact is maintained
- Carry out assessments and provide robust feedback confirming assessment decision in accordance with the Awarding Body requirements (a sample of the assessments will be assessed by our team of internal moderators)
- Ensure timely achievements are met, including retention and achievement targets by implementing strategies and supporting learners
- Provide robust exit advice to learners as they set personal goals for career progression
- Maintain strong links with team members, ensuring all activity is complementary and utilises existing knowledge, expertise, resources and industry business links within our organisation
- Manage own continued professional development through undertaking relevant training and sharing best practice
- Liaise with the management regarding paper and online assessments and highlight any areas of concern with learners
- Meet with dedicated Tutor Support Officer to discuss learner progress
- Make initial contact with learners within 3 days of allocation and maintain regular contact
- Address any actions identified by the internal moderation team within a period of 10 days
- Attend mandatory standardisation meetings and other meetings where required
- To undertake any necessary Data Protection responsibilities and duties as required by the post
- Undertake any training relevant to the efficient execution of any of the above duties, and to take responsibility for your own personal development
We love to develop our people so even if you don't meet 100% of the essential criteria, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- L3 Counselling qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Monitor and meet deadlines for learner timely completions
- Proactive in the approach to complete assessments
- Focus on delivering high quality support and assessment
- Ability to work on own and is self-motivated
- Ability to manage own diary and caseload
- Knowledge and Experience Skills Required:
- Recent sector experience and CPD
- Assessing Award (A1/A2/D32/D33/TAQA or equivalent qualification) is preferred but not essential
You’re unique – and we love that about you. As an equal opportunity employer, we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Don’t just take our word for it though! Our commitment to a number of covenants and pledges will show you just how serious we are about equal opportunities for all:
- Disability Confident Employer
- Armed Forces Covenant Silver
- Domestic Abuse Covenant
- Durham Enable
- Care Leaver Covenant
26 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
We understand the gift of time, whether it’s to see your loved ones or just spending time doing the things you love. That’s why in addition to your basic allowance of 26 days your annual leave allowance can rise to as much as 44 days per annum (inclusive of BH) because of these amazing extra leave perks:
Buy & Sell | You can buy sell up to an extra 5 days annual leave each year
2YRS Service | Staff who have 2YRS service received an extra 2 days annual leave
5YRS Service | Staff who have 5YRS service receive a further 2 days annual leave
10YRS Service | Staff who have 10YRS service receive a further 1 days annual leave
We have a huge range of perks which you can look at here
HEAD OFFICE PERKS
We wish we could provide these to all, but as a national company its not always possible. However these perks are available to all staff when they attend our incredible Head Office space.
- Electric Car charging points
- Free fruit, Coffee and Tea
- Onsite Shower
- Prayer room on request or list of nearest available places of worship
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or need support in applying for this role, please contact our recruitment team on 01388 777129 or Workforus@Learningcurvegroup.co.uk
If the working hours, days or times don't quite meet your needs please contact us to see if we can accommodate working flexibly.