Learning Curve Group are a national training and education specialist we work with further education providers, employers, and learners to help them achieve success. We have strong values which are all centred around our learners – and that is how we believe it should be, as we impact on over 100,000 of them every year. Our ‘Purple People’, the dedicated and passionate people of LCG, help us to deliver success no matter what, to achieve our vision to ‘transform lives through learning’. Our Academies Division here at Learning Curve Group, our Hair & Beauty Academies are based nationally we have 8 in total, 6 being in London and 2 within the North East. Our Academies are not classrooms they are real working salons ensuring that our learners receive the full working salon experience whilst learning new skills with us. The London academies located in Borehamwood, Loughton, Croydon, Chiswick, Camden & Ham joined the business through acquisition formally known as The London Hairdressing Apprenticeship Academy the team joined us back in late 2019, and have sine became a huge part of our business.
As a Hairdressing tutor at learning curve group, you will use your own expertise and our robust training programmes to deliver and assess our Hairdressing Programmes to our Apprentices & Adult Learners.
This is a [Part time] role working [3 Days per week] & [24 Hours per week]. Working Monday 09:00am - 7:00pm, Tuesday 09:00am - 5:30pm & Wednesday 09:00am - 5:30pm.
To become a Hairdressing Tutor at Learning Curve Group we look for:
These important qualities:
- A genuine desire to transform lives through learning.
- The ability to aspire and mentor both young people and adults to achieve.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good administration and paperwork skills.
- Appropriate classroom management skills.
- Minimum of GCSE Grade in Maths & English
- Minimum Level 3 Barbering Qualification
- Recognised Teaching & Assessing qualifications
- Occupational experience in the barbering industry
- Experience of working within the education / training sector
Teaching & Assessments
- Plan and deliver a training programme that ensures robust ILP, adheres to scheme of work and the Education inspection framework standards.
- Ensure that apprenticeship standard requirements, including functional skills are met, ensuring learner progress is effectively reviewed and tracked to ensure timely and overall completion.
- Ensure learner readiness for end point assessment (EPA) and set SMART targets on action plans to support them to achieve.
- Support employers in understanding their responsibility relating to on and off the job training.
- Ensure all learner records and reporting is kept up to date and provided in a timely manner to support management reporting and audit requirements.
- Undertake assessment, portfolio evidencing and tracking of achievement using the LCG e-portfolio and tracking systems.
- Where applicable, generate teaching and learning resources as required or use the LCG resources.
- Provide robust and impartial information, advice, and guidance to learners throughout their learner journey including exit advise in relation to employment opportunities.
- Participate in LCG quality assurance activities working closely with the quality team.
- Ensure CPD is planned and reflects Company and stakeholder requirements as guided by the quality team.
- Manage learner feedback through learner surveys as per LCG requirements and achieve overall 95% learner satisfaction.
- Liaise with the Head of Teaching and Learning, Lead IQA regarding audit and compliance of reviews, ILPs and shared resources.
- Follow up learner absences and ensure timely communication with employers on learners’ absences, progress, and achievement.
- Deliver KPI’s in line with company expectations (Register, marking policy, learner satisfaction).
- Complete regular and ad hoc reporting as and when requires.
- Positively promote the ethos, culture, and development of the LCG in every aspect of its business.
- Contribute to the commercial income of the Academy salon, meeting salons targets.
- Conduct your role in line with the behaviour aligned with our company values.
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company
Ensure the maintenance of confidentially and professionalism at all time.
- Provide learners, customers and colleagues with support, advice guidance as part of your everyday role.
- Conduct your role in line with the company values and expected behaviours.
- Ensure confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
You’re unique – and we love that about you. As an equal opportunity employer, we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Don’t just take our word for it though! Our commitment to a number of covenants and pledges will show you just how serious we are about equal opportunities for all:
- Disability Confident Employer
- Armed Forces Covenant Silver
- Domestic Abuse Covenant
- Durham Enable
- Care Leaver Covenant
26 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
We understand the gift of time, whether it’s to see your loved ones or just spending time doing the things you love. That’s why in addition to your basic allowance of 26 days your annual leave allowance can rise to as much as 44 days per annum (inclusive of BH) because of these amazing extra leave perks:
Buy & Sell | You can buy sell up to an extra 5 days annual leave each year
2YRS Service | Staff who have 2YRS service received an extra 2 days annual leave
5YRS Service | Staff who have 5YRS service receive a further 2 days annual leave
10YRS Service | Staff who have 10YRS service receive a further 1 days annual leave
YOUR OTHER PURPLE PERKS
- Early Finish Fridays | Our staff can enjoy a 4PM finish on the last Friday of Every Month
- Armed Forces Covenant Silver | Extra leave entitlements for reservists
- Healthcare Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Cycle Scheme
- Social events
- Company Sick Pay and Bereavement Leave
- Uniform provided