Learning Curve Group is a national training and education specialist we work with further education providers, employers, and learners to help them achieve success. We have strong values which are all centred around our learners – and that is how we believe it should be, as we impact on over 100,000 of them every year. Our ‘Purple People’, the dedicated and passionate people of LCG, help us to deliver success no matter what, to achieve our vision to ‘transform lives through learning’. Due to Due to further expansion of our curriculum offer we are looking for a Tech tutor to join our team. This role requires a highly motivated and self-driven person to deliver industry recognised certifications to learners who are looking for career change or upskilling their skillset. Tutors will have recent experience in the vocational sector relevant to the course; they will be sensitive to the support needs of unemployed learners within the local community looking to develop the confidence and skills necessary to progress to further education or employment. The Digital Academy tutor will take full responsibility for the effective running of the course and the associated administrative duties in accordance with the funding regulations. You will need these important qualities: • Passion for learning and coaching • Focused on developing the potential in people • Personable and engaging • Organised and self-reliant • Enthusiastic and professional
• Deliver Programming Courses such as Python or Machine Learning.
• Experience working in an IT Technical Tutor role
• Vocational experience in the area in what you are applying for
• Proven track record of meeting targets
• Right to live and work in the UK
• Excellent level of IT Skills
• Excellent communication and coaching skills
• Drive and enthusiastic to support learners
• Passionate about transforming people’s lives through learning
• Self-reliant and able to manage own workload
• Good organisational and planning skills
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Plan and deliver virtual training programme with regular reviews of learner progress
• Ensure all learner records and reporting kept up to date and provided in a timely manner to support management reporting and audit requirement
• Liaise with our Technical trainers/Team to ensure all learners receive regular technical training throughout their programme.
• Provide robust exit advise to learners as they set personal goals for career progression (should this recognise IAG across the learning journey as well as end)
• Facilitate learning for learners, adhering to the standards of the program to ensure consistency and fairness throughout all teaching, learning and assessment delivery techniques. And provide meaningful and specific feedback to learners to support progression.
• Deliver a balanced KPI’s in line with Company expectations
• Operate within the delivery framework to maintain operational consistency and ensure learner progress
• Ensure all learners receive the highest quality experience in line with company expectations and external requirements.
• Maintain and enhance relationships with business support teams to support the delivery of the sector plan
• Participate in quality assurance activities working closely with the quality team.
• Drive self – generation across the area you operate within
• Maintain and enhance relationships with existing learner and clients assuring the Learning Curve Group brand is synonymous with and recognised for quality of service
• Ensure CPD is planned and reflects Company and stakeholder requirements as guided by the quality team.
• Ensure any CPD updates are added to purple people
• To be a vocational expert within the designated sector
• Contribute to ad hoc cross sector/function projects to support the delivery of Learning Curve Group strategic plan
• Role model the organisation’s values and behaviours
Key Performance Indicators
• Maintain a caseload level of up to 45 learners
• Retention and achievement rates
• Regular contact with learners and employers
• Although delivery is our passion, it’s important you are comfortable using e-portfolios for the following:
• Comprehensive planning – Intent of the session and what teaching strategies.
• Resources – What resources you will use during the session e.g powerpoints
• Feedback – Feedback on the session, how the learner approached the session and what they gained
• Marking – Mapping and giving feedback on work
• OTJ – Recording OTJ on learners profiles
• Audit trail – Learners not participating, that recording an audit trail on SA.
You’re unique – and we love that about you. As an equal opportunity employer, we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Don’t just take our word for it though! Our commitment to a number of covenants and pledges will show you just how serious we are about equal opportunities for all:
- Disability Confident Employer
- Armed Forces Covenant Silver
- Domestic Abuse Covenant
- Durham Enable
- Care Leaver Covenant
26 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
We understand the gift of time, whether it’s to see your loved ones or just spending time doing the things you love. That’s why in addition to your basic allowance of 26 days your annual leave allowance can rise to as much as 44 days per annum (inclusive of BH) because of these amazing extra leave perks:
Buy & Sell | You can buy sell up to an extra 5 days annual leave each year
2YRS Service | Staff who have 2YRS service received an extra 2 days annual leave
5YRS Service | Staff who have 5YRS service receive a further 2 days annual leave
10YRS Service | Staff who have 10YRS service receive a further 1 days annual leave
YOUR OTHER PURPLE PERKS
- Early Finish Fridays | Our staff can enjoy a 4PM finish on the last Friday of Every Month
- Armed Forces Covenant Silver | Extra leave entitlements for reservists
- Healthcare Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Cycle Scheme
- Social events
- Company Sick Pay and Bereavement Leave
- Uniform provided
HEAD OFFICE PERKS
We wish we could provide these to all, but as a national company its not always possible. However these perks are available to all staff when they attend our incredible Head Office space.
- Electric Car charging points
- Free fruit, Coffee and Tea
- Onsite Shower
- Prayer room on request or list of nearest available places of worship
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or need support in applying for this role, please contact our recruitment team on 01388 777129 or Workforus@Learningcurvegroup.co.uk
If the working hours, days or times don't quite meet your needs please contact us to see if we can accommodate working flexibly.