We are recruiting for a Director of Apprenticeships to join our Senior Management Team. This is a really exciting and well-established Executive role within Learning Curve Group. As the Director of Apprenticeships, you will be responsible for the full strategic and operational Apprenticeship division. The role fully embodies our values of continuous improvement and placing the learner at the centre of everything we do. As part of the Executive Board team, you will lead on all aspects of apprenticeships, working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders. You will be experienced in and have a full understanding of the new Apprenticeship delivery model and have resilience and tenacity to make the desired improvements; but you will have a full team to support you. As an individual looking to join our Purple family you will lead by example and support in empowering and developing our colleagues, be passionate about quality and be innovative about improvements and enhancements that will make our provision even better. This position will require 3 days per week working from Head Office, and can be completed remotely for the other 2 working days. Basic salary of £70,000 plus, dependent on skills and experience.
- Significantly contribute to LCG’s strategic development plan which sets out the vision and key targets for the growth of our direct delivery apprenticeships and maximizing the opportunities we have with our levy employers.
- Implement our strategic development plan to grow and develop the apprenticeship provision in key sectors which were identified through LMI research and intelligence gathering
- Identify and implement ongoing changes to delivery and employer relationships required to remodel Apprenticeships and further embed the changes made from 2017 and beyond
- Ensure that delivery is cost effective by monitoring and managing budgeted expenditure
- Responsibility for the daily/weekly/monthly managing, monitoring and reporting of KPIs, working closely with the Director of Excellence (Quality) to ensure improvements are made where required
- Develop and manage the Heads of Apprenticeships and Apprenticeship Managers to ensure delivery of the provision is systemised and maintained to a high standard, with the provision fully staffed
- Working closely with the Director of Curriculum and the Curriculum Team to develop, review and revise curriculum delivery materials to support the delivery of current and new apprenticeship Standards.
- Build strong networks with employers, National Skills Academies and Sector Skills Councils.
- Skilled in pitching concepts and ideas to senior management and experience in designing and implementing new services/products.
- Contribute to research to identify new opportunities, new products and new markets
- Contribute to the development of a marketing strategy to support the plans for growth in apprentice numbers, and to establish and maintain our reputation as an employer responsive provider
- Contribute to our positioning to be able to respond to the changes to the apprenticeship funding model and develop a fully costed apprenticeship management and delivery model(s).
- Develop the apprenticeship brand, promoting apprenticeships to schools, parents, young people and businesses
- Conduct your role in line with the behaviour aligned with our company values
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company
- Comply with the Safeguarding, Prevent and Health and Safety Policies and be vigilant to potential concerns and risks at all times
- Ensure confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
The main KPIs for the role are listed below but might be amended or added to as the company requires:
- Overall provision to be in line with published national achievement rates
- All provision to be at least Grade 2 in SAR or Ofsted
- Level 5 qualification or equivalent
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent (desirable)
- Management experience at a senior level
- A strong background in the FE Sector
- A strong background in Apprenticeship Operations
- Ofsted experience
- Educations and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) experience
- Experience of leading large teams or scaling teams for growth
- Experience of leading and managing high performing teams
- Coaching and Mentoring teams
- Excellent understanding of the Apprenticeship Levy and the move to and delivery of Apprenticeship Standards
- A good understanding of modern teaching and learning concepts
- Sound understanding of how technology is used to enable efficiency