Learning Curve Group are on of the UK's most passionate training providers and after a request acquisition of MPCT, have more than doubled our academy numbers, and in turn the number of learners we can impact each year. With sites all over the UK, we are looking for a tutor to join us and work in our schools provision with 14-16 year old learners.
With sites all over the UK, we are looking for a tutor to join us and work in our schools provision with 14-16 year old learners at our Cardiff site: Ground Floor, 14-18 Queen Street, Bridgend, CF311HX
You can check out what some if our inspirational from Cardiff MPC had to say recently about meeting Princess Anne - here!
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with previous experience in the military looking to inspire the potential next generation of recruits in the armed forces.
Our schools Provision MPS actively supports and complements all local school curricula with young learners (14-16 years old). We support partner schools and local authorities in securing accredited vocational qualifications for learners across England and Wales. MPS focuses on two main objectives: qualification attainment and developing the skill set required for positive progression to further education, apprenticeship and employment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The role includes all aspects of teaching, supporting, coaching and motivating young people to further progress into the military and other vocational training routes. The teaching aspect of the position is a key element as the role has the responsibility for the delivery of a City & Guilds qualification within a military context, including maths and English.
- The programme also has a military/fitness element so candidates will need to lead a fit healthy life style, enjoy physical activity as part of the delivery of the programme.
- The role requires the skills to engage, motivate and educate young people. Experience in delivering in a classroom environment would be an advantage.
- Each fitness class delivered will be unique, challenging and above all great fun.
- You will need the ability to plan academic and physical training lessons and be able to plan for the progression of each student
We love to develop our people so even if you don't meet 100% of the essential criteria, we strongly encourage you to apply. However military experience is non negotiable. If you don't have prior teaching experience, please reach out so we can discuss our trainee tutor opportunities.
- A minimum of 5 years military career
- Military or civilian Physical Training qualification
- Teaching qualification or the experience of teaching or instructing
- Experience of working with 14-16yr old young people
- Knowledge of vocational qualifications or the education sector
You’re unique – and we love that about you. As an equal opportunity employer, we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Don’t just take our word for it though! Our commitment to a number of covenants and pledges will show you just how serious we are about equal opportunities for all:
- Disability Confident Employer
- Armed Forces Covenant Silver
- Domestic Abuse Covenant
- Durham Enable
- Care Leaver Covenant
26 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
We understand the gift of time, whether it’s to see your loved ones or just spending time doing the things you love. That’s why in addition to your basic allowance of 26 days your annual leave allowance can rise to as much as 44 days per annum (inclusive of BH) because of these amazing extra leave perks:
Buy & Sell | You can buy sell up to an extra 5 days annual leave each year
2YRS Service | Staff who have 2YRS service received an extra 2 days annual leave
5YRS Service | Staff who have 5YRS service receive a further 2 days annual leave
10YRS Service | Staff who have 10YRS service receive a further 1 days annual leave
We have a huge range of perks which you can look at here
HEAD OFFICE PERKS
We wish we could provide these to all, but as a national company its not always possible. However these perks are available to all staff when they attend our incredible Head Office space.
- Electric Car charging points
- Free fruit, Coffee and Tea
- Onsite Shower
- Prayer room on request or list of nearest available places of worship
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or need support in applying for this role, please contact our recruitment team on 01388 777129 or Workforus@Learningcurvegroup.co.uk
If the working hours, days or times don't quite meet your needs please contact us to see if we can accommodate working flexibly. rking flexibly.