To assist in the production of month end management accounts.
It will be a full time position working Monday - Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm.
This is an exciting role giving the job-holder the opportunity to gain greater experience of accounting and deliver outstanding financial support to the business.
You will report to the Group Financial Accountant and work closely with the wider finance team as well as having the opportunity to work with other parts of the business.
You will need to have and demonstrate the following important qualities:
- Accurate and rigorous, with a ‘right first time’ attitude and aptitude
- Proactive, with a hands-on approach and a passion for continual improvement
- Be a part qualified accountant or working towards, ACA, ACCA or CIMA, with demonstrable excellent technical competence
- Able to deliver ‘on time, in full’ to reporting deadlines synonymous with an SME business
- Strong excel skills
- Assist in the accurate and timely production of financial returns required for financial reporting, including statutory reporting, internal reporting, reporting to partners/Group/other stakeholders.
- Prepare and post journal entries to the Ledger as required.
- Assist in the periodic reporting process through preparing analysis on the ledger to be provided to the Group Financial Accountant.
- Assist with performing reconciliations and other appropriate controls surrounding the Ledger, investigating variances, and escalating these as required.
- Participate in the coordination of the statutory year end and group year- end process, ensuring delivery to various stakeholder deadlines and compliance with business planning.
- Assist with the budget and forecasting process through preparing analysis on the ledger to provide to the Group Financial Accountant.
- Assist the Group Financial Accountant in analysing and improving current administrative and financial processes looking objectively at the way we work
- Challenge thinking to deliver a compliant and professional service that fits operating plans and processes.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Holidays – 26 days + bank holidays
- Pension – 5% from yourself, 3% from LCG
- Healthcare and Tech scheme
- Social events
- Keeping in touch meetings
- Amazing Headquarters
For LCG to really transform lives through learning, it takes diversity of skills, knowledge culture and background. That’s why we're an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.