This is an exciting new role within the thriving Flexible Learning department at Head Office. The role will oversee and supervise the day-to-day operations of the Tutor Support functions within the department. You will coordinate activities to ensure employed and associate tutors are delivering to company standards, ensuring a high-quality experience for all learners.
- Responsible for the management and motivation of the Tutor Support team and tutors to provide a service that meets business objectives and delivers against key performance indicators
- Set and monitor KPIs including analysing and producing reports
- Ensure that the Tutor Support team have adequate training and resources to carry out their key tasks and responsibilities
- Review, revise and continuously improve the learner journey for our customers
- Drive continual process improvements and implement best practices to manage projects efficiently
- Work with the Quality Team to identify any performance issues with tutors to ensure compliance with awarding body and company standards
- Plan, manage and participate in tutor standardisation meetings with the support of the Quality Manager; as well as monthly workshops for tutors on current themes
- Provide mentoring and coaching for associate tutors
- Set up and maintain digitised tutor handbook for all tutors
We love to develop our people so even if you don't meet 100% of the essential criteria, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Adaptable and able to work under pressure
- The ability to prioritise and plan the team’s workload to achieve KPIs
- Good people skills for developing relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Experience in establishing and maintaining training and developments plans
- Experience in performance management of staff and creating training plans
- 12 months tutor/teaching experience
- It is essential that you have a commitment to behave in a way that meets our company values and that places the leaner and their wellbeing at the heart of what you do.
You’re unique – and we love that about you. As an equal opportunity employer, we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Don’t just take our word for it though! Our commitment to a number of covenants and pledges will show you just how serious we are about equal opportunities for all:
- Disability Confident Employer
- Armed Forces Covenant Silver
- Domestic Abuse Covenant
- Durham Enable
- Care Leaver Covenant
26 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
We understand the gift of time, whether it’s to see your loved ones or just spending time doing the things you love. That’s why in addition to your basic allowance of 26 days your annual leave allowance can rise to as much as 44 days per annum (inclusive of BH) because of these amazing extra leave perks:
Buy & Sell | You can buy sell up to an extra 5 days annual leave each year
2YRS Service | Staff who have 2YRS service received an extra 2 days annual leave
5YRS Service | Staff who have 5YRS service receive a further 2 days annual leave
10YRS Service | Staff who have 10YRS service receive a further 1 days annual leave
We have a huge range of perks which you can look at here
HEAD OFFICE PERKS
We wish we could provide these to all, but as a national company its not always possible. However these perks are available to all staff when they attend our incredible Head Office space.
- Electric Car charging points
- Free fruit, Coffee and Tea
- Onsite Shower
- Prayer room on request or list of nearest available places of worship
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or need support in applying for this role, please contact our recruitment team on 01388 777129 or Workforus@Learningcurvegroup.co.uk
If the working hours, days or times don't quite meet your needs please contact us to see if we can accommodate working flexibly.