The moderator is responsible for supporting the quality assurance process across the Health & Social Care sector delivered by Learning Curve Group (LCG). For example, moderating tutor submissions for Preparing to work in Adult Social Care, Mental Health, Care Planning and Safe Handling of Medication. Training will be given to up skill where required. You should have a minimum of 3 years working within Health and Social Care. Although this is home based role you will be required, on occasions, to attend head office to support tutors and attend meetings.
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good people skills for developing relationships with colleagues at all levels
- The ability to prioritise workload in order to achieve KPIs
- Adaptable and able to work under pressure
- Ability to work to strict deadlines both accurately and efficiently
- Good attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Microsoft systems inc. Excel
- Three years experience within a health and social care role
- Level 3 or above qualification related to Health and Social Care
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure accurate and full moderation of accredited work and auditing of learner is carried out in a timely and effective manner
- Full compliance with the LCG’s Quality Assurance systems to ensure consistency and continuous improvement
- Following the guidance issued by both the Awarding Organisation and LCG with regard to assessment practice and the completion of documentation.
- Undertaking staff development appropriate to the contractual requirements of the post and the needs of the department.
- Provide advice and support regarding accredited programs to relevant staff and managers
- Conducting formative and summative moderation
- Guiding and supporting tutors to ensure quality and consistency of assessment
- Positively challenge where quality is not met and driving continuous improvement
- Work with Tutors to ensure timely success rates across each programme area
- Attend and support at standardisation meetings
- Provide training for relevant staff regarding specific accreditations
- Provide Line Manager with accurate and up to date information
- Completion of all paperwork required to meet audit requirements.
- Commitment to promoting equality and diversity.
- Meet KPI’s and targets associated with the role
- Ensure up to date with external review and Ofsted requirements
- Participate in ongoing research and professional development
- Conduct marketing activities as requested
- Conduct your role in line with the company values and expected behaviours
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity and inclusion throughout the company
- Comply with the Safeguarding, Prevent and Health and Safety Policies and be vigilant to potential concerns and risks always, report any risk or concern following the LCG safeguarding and health & safety reporting procedure
- Ensure confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Undertake such duties as may be required commensurate with the level of responsibility and nature of the job in discussion with your Head of Quality Assurance
- Holidays – 26 days + bank holidays
- Pension – 5% from yourself, 3% from LCG
- Healthcare and Tech scheme
- Social events
- Keeping in touch meetings
- Amazing Headquarters
For LCG to really transform lives through learning, it takes diversity of skills, knowledge culture and background. That’s why we're an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.