Learning Curve Group is a national training and education specialist. We work with further education providers, employers and learners to help them achieve success. Since 2004, Learning Curve Group (LCG) has grown both organically and through acquisition to become one of the largest and most diverse providers in the country. We have strong values which are all centred around our learners – and that's how we believe it should be, as we impact on over 100,000 of them every year. Our ‘Purple People’, the dedicated and passionate people of LCG, help us to deliver success no matter what, to achieve our vision to ‘transform lives through learning’.
A motivated and self-driven person to effectively promote the curriculum offer and to recruit learners onto appropriate programmes on offer. To engage with key stakeholders to ensure the effective marketing of the provision.
To actively engage with employers across the region where possible and identify employment opportunities linked within the training and qualifications that we provide within our Pre-Employment provision. The purpose of this is to gain interviews for our students and support the transition from completion of training and qualifications into employment.
The role also involves the development of successful relationships with local community organisations and student’s referral bodies.
You will need these important qualities:
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to travel within the region of employment and on occasion outside the region to meet the demands of the business
- Ability to work on own and self-motivated
- Good track record of customer service skill.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Experience of sales and marketing, including cold calling.
- Good experience of administration necessary.
- IT skills are essential.
It is essential that you have a commitment to behave in a way that meets our company values and that places the leaner and their wellbeing at the heart of what you do.
We offer a full induction and training package to our new staff, so you very quickly feel part of the team.
As an essential car user, you must hold a full UK driving licence, be a confident and able driver, have access to your own vehicle and have the right to live and work in the UK.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Developing and maintaining good strong relationships with external organisations
- Lead on all Marketing activities for the Academy
- Identifying and promoting courses to learner and learner referral sources
- Meet and where possible exceed all targets and KPIs
- Interviewing potential learners and providing them with accurate information, advice, and guidance along with keeping records of all the above activities
- Carrying out initial assessment activities, identify individual learner support requirements and communicate to the relevant colleagues.
- Maintaining the learner tracking details for each of the courses and effectively communicating with the relevant tutors and assessors to collate all this information.
- To identify employers who have employment, apprenticeship, or placement opportunities and to develop good working relationships which are receptive to providing opportunity for our post qualification students to be offered employment prospects.
- To identify and engage in communication with local employment partnership groups to promote our services and identify employment opportunities.
- Responding to client enquiries and providing support to their requirements
- Attending promotions days at client’s premises when required and promoting the company’s services to potential customers/students.
- Attending careers events to promote Learning Curve Group
- Maintaining contact with learners during their training to identify where support may be needed or in dealing with disciplinary issues
- Accurately and timely completion of all recruitment documentation.
- Effectively communicating with other staff members about day to day activities
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s at A*-C
- Experience in a sales/customer service role would be desired
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Excellent communicator
- Strong IT skills
- Organisation skills
- Knowledge of local area needs would be desirable
- Good knowledge of local area
- Holidays – 26 days + bank holidays
- Pension – 5% from yourself, 3% from LCG
- Healthcare and Tech scheme
- Social events
- Keeping in touch meetings
- Amazing Headquarters
For LCG to really transform lives through learning, it takes diversity of skills, knowledge culture and background. That’s why we're an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.