We are recruiting an academy manager for maternity cover. You will be responsible for providing inspirational leadership to the Academies Team and driving the strategy for growth within the division ensuring a high-quality learning experience for all learners. You will support with strategic growth plans for the provision maximising opportunities in the local area. The postholder will also perform the role of designated safeguarding officer.
You will need these important qualities:
- Excellent communication at all levels
- Self-motivated decision maker
- Adaptable and able to work under pressure with strong attention to detail
- Good people skills for developing relationships with colleagues at all levels
Academy and People Management
• Manage and monitor the overall academy performance to maintain high standards of professionalism and quality of the provision, using agreed KPI’s to meet key company objectives
• Develop and line manage Academy staff to ensure delivery of the provision is maintained to a high standard, with the provision fully staffed across all sites
• Effectively manage team performance and underperformance through robust and timely reviews with the use of observations and RAG ratings where appropriate
• Ensure that all Educators/Assessors maintain their CPD requirements in line with the guidelines as specified by the Awarding Body
• Develop strategies and drive improvements in relation to learner attendance, retention and achievement
• Responsibility for producing daily/weekly/monthly reports in relation to academy performance and learner progress and report to the executive team where required.
• Support the Head of Functional Skills in the management of the functional skills scheduling and ensure all teaching staff participate in the classroom delivery of the functional skills.
• Contribute to the actions set out in the Quality Improvement Plan and ensure that it is disseminated to all Academy staff and that the QIP actions are delivered.
• Manage the review process ensuring that progress reviews are completed timely
• Ensure that the academy is cost effective with monitoring and management of budgeted expenditure
Employer and Student liaison
• Support the EEM with employer engagement activity including managing open days and employer visits
• Support the implementation of improvement strategies resulting from the employer satisfaction surveys
• Assist the ESO with recruitment of learners, reporting on profile targets and monitor outcomes
• Manage the Learner Voice process to ensure that all learners complete the QDP survey and lead the in-depth and report the outcomes in the monthly report and implement changes as agreed with the Board of Directors
• Provide support for learners and impartial information, advice and guidance as required throughout their learning experience
• Ensure that learners receive adequate ALN and LS reviews are carried out monthly
Safeguarding and Prevent
• Perform the Designated Safeguarding Officer duties as required and ensure all staff within the Academy are aware of their Safeguarding responsibilities and escalation processes for reporting Safeguarding issues.
• Responsible to support the development of safeguarding and child protection policies, training and procedures and guidance for the LCG Academies and to assist in the coordination of referrals, arranging action and reviewing services for children and young people and vulnerable adults
• Encourage good practice across the LCG by promoting and championing the LCG Safeguarding policy and procedures
• Support Lead Safeguarding Officers in completing professional assessments of need and risk
Quality & Compliance
• Work collaboratively with the Quality team to effectively monitor and manage all Academy provision, including performance management and audit compliance
• Support the Lead IQA by contributing to the IQA strategy and schedule
• Provide input to the standardisation of the delivery of the hairdressing practical skills as required by the NVQ standards and ensure educators deliver in accordance with agreed guidelines
• Ensure appropriate quality assurance checks are conducted within the curriculum area in line with Academy audit policies and procedures.
• Produce ad hoc reports as and when required
• Maintain own CPD.
• Comply and follow all processes within the Health and Safety Policy
• Comply and follow all processes within the IT Policy and, Data Protection and Information Security Policy
• Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company
• Ensure the maintenance of confidentially and professionalism at all time
• It is essential that you have a commitment to behave in a way that meets our company values and that places the learner and their wellbeing at the heart of what you do
We love to develop our people so even if you don't meet 100% of the essential criteria, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Relevant teaching qualification at level 3 or above
Level 2 numeracy and literacy (or GCE/GCSE equivalent)
Experience of teaching and learning in a management role
Experience of driving employer engagement
A track record of positive outcomes against KPIs
Demonstrable experience of sharing practice and resources
Knowledge and experience of PFA audits and ESFA eligibility rules.
Ability to effectively plan and prioritise conflicting demands, work under pressure and to targets.
Knowledge of the education inspection framework
Ability to analyse data effectively and use it to make informed decisions
Strong communication, presentation and IT skills
Ability to lead from the front, showing strong leadership skills, assertive and target focused.
Good influencing and negotiation skills
You’re unique – and we love that about you. As an equal opportunity employer, we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Don’t just take our word for it though! Our commitment to a number of covenants and pledges will show you just how serious we are about equal opportunities for all:
- Disability Confident Employer
- Armed Forces Covenant Silver
- Domestic Abuse Covenant
- Durham Enable
- Care Leaver Covenant
26 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
We understand the gift of time, whether it’s to see your loved ones or just spending time doing the things you love. That’s why in addition to your basic allowance of 26 days your annual leave allowance can rise to as much as 44 days per annum (inclusive of BH) because of these amazing extra leave perks:
Buy & Sell | You can buy sell up to an extra 5 days annual leave each year
2YRS Service | Staff who have 2YRS service received an extra 2 days annual leave
5YRS Service | Staff who have 5YRS service receive a further 2 days annual leave
10YRS Service | Staff who have 10YRS service receive a further 1 days annual leave
YOUR OTHER PURPLE PERKS
- Early Finish Fridays | Our staff can enjoy a 4PM finish on the last Friday of Every Month
- Armed Forces Covenant Silver | Extra leave entitlements for reservists
- Healthcare Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Cycle Scheme
- Social events
- Company Sick Pay and Bereavement Leave
- Uniform provided
HEAD OFFICE PERKS
We wish we could provide these to all, but as a national company its not always possible. However these perks are available to all staff when they attend our incredible Head Office space.
- Electric Car charging points
- Free fruit, Coffee and Tea
- Onsite Shower
- Prayer room on request or list of nearest available places of worship
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or need support in applying for this role, please contact our recruitment team on 01388 777129 or Workforus@Learningcurvegroup.co.uk
If the working hours, days or times don't quite meet your needs please contact us to see if we can accommodate working flexibly.