LCG are recruiting for a Head of MI Systems and Reporting to lead a team of developers to look after our Finance, HR and, Learner Management Systems ensuring the associated reporting is meeting the needs of our customers and providing business insight. You will have experience of working with MI Systems and be innovative by nature, driving continuous development of these systems ensuring integration and automation of processes is in place wherever possible.
- Analyse key business and technical requirements and develop solutions to meet the needs of the business.
- Identifying areas for improvement, assisting in developing improvements and procedures
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders
- Support the development of the Azure Data Warehouse
- Be involved in hands-on SQL database development and report-building, using PowerBI and SSRS.
- Use your technical knowledge to monitor and ensure the quality of work produced during the development cycle
- Assist in the rollout of projects to end users
- Review and resolve software issues in-house or by liaising with our support partners
- Provide regular progress reports direct to users and management
- Ensure any change control processes are followed
We love to develop our people so even if you don't meet 100% of the essential criteria, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Understanding of databases, structures, relationships, and other aspects related to SQL.
- Experience of supporting and developing systems in an enterprise environment
- Experience of creating Tables, Views and Stored Procedures within SQL
- Experience of managing SQL Accounts and securing databases
- Experience of supplier management
- Able to manage own workload and work to deadlines
- Experience of managing a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills and solutions focused.
- An ability to quickly adapt to new situations
- Brilliant interpersonal skills
- Experience of working with BI and MI reporting software such as Power BI and SSRS with knowledge and/or experience of data warehousing in Azure.
- Analytical, organized and a good communicator with at least five years of experience working to project deadlines with multiple priorities from different stakeholders
- Experience of all standard Microsoft applications
- Ability to work and manage responsibilities independently and collaborate with cross functional teams
- Working in an Education Environment
- DBA experience
- Experience in creating and modifying Stored Procedures
You’re unique – and we love that about you. As an equal opportunity employer, we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Don’t just take our word for it though! Our commitment to a number of covenants and pledges will show you just how serious we are about equal opportunities for all:
- Disability Confident Employer
- Armed Forces Covenant Silver
- Domestic Abuse Covenant
- Durham Enable
- Care Leaver Covenant
26 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
We understand the gift of time, whether it’s to see your loved ones or just spending time doing the things you love. That’s why in addition to your basic allowance of 26 days your annual leave allowance can rise to as much as 44 days per annum (inclusive of BH) because of these amazing extra leave perks:
Buy & Sell | You can buy sell up to an extra 5 days annual leave each year
2YRS Service | Staff who have 2YRS service received an extra 2 days annual leave
5YRS Service | Staff who have 5YRS service receive a further 2 days annual leave
10YRS Service | Staff who have 10YRS service receive a further 1 days annual leave
We have a huge range of perks which you can look at here
HEAD OFFICE PERKS
We wish we could provide these to all, but as a national company its not always possible. However these perks are available to all staff when they attend our incredible Head Office space.
- Electric Car charging points
- Free fruit, Coffee and Tea
- Onsite Shower
- Prayer room on request or list of nearest available places of worship
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or need support in applying for this role, please contact our recruitment team on 01388 777129 or Workforus@Learningcurvegroup.co.uk
If the working hours, days or times don't quite meet your needs please contact us to see if we can accommodate working flexibly.