You will have a passion for Instructional Design and eLearning Content Development, to take ownership, in the first instance, on the design and build of an high profile and important eLearning development project to reenvisage our e-book based content and turn it into engaging online materials. The role will require you to produce and manage the delivery of Online Learning Content to timescales provided within a project plan, working within a team of learning designers, quality assurers and proof-readers. We are looking for a designer/developer who has the skills and experience of working within Storyline Articulate and Storyline Rise. You would need to be able to manage projects, instructional design, edit and work with graphics (Photoshop/Illustrator) and produce all required documentation, course materials and relevant digital content.
- Understanding and experience of developing e-Learning products using authoring tools and testing in a live environment
- Good understanding of the e-Learning industry, instructional design, and e-Learning content development
- Have a responsible and adaptable attitude with strong interpersonal skills and the aptitude to motivate staff.
- Have effective problem-solving skills and communicating with people at all levels both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to work under pressure with conflicting priorities, in a demanding fast paced environment.
- Strong people skills which will allow them to work productively with colleagues across the company.
- Be a self-starter and can deliver an ideas and initiatives in a timely manner.
- Able to communicate essential information using appropriate communications methods.
- Be able to plan to and around key dates, assigning actions to colleagues where appropriate to get the job done.
- Be methodical in your approach to research and development to all Curriculum related tasks within your role.
- Have a keen eye for detail and understanding of how to apply written instructions into key actions.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and develop exciting and engaging online learning materials in Storyline Articulate 2 and Storyline Rise and other authoring tools and design software packages including Abode photoshop and illustrator
- Develop Instructional Designs of new products, ensuring that they are creative, use the latest thoughts in the online learning and are engaging to the end learner
- Be able to create design documents for project work, to ensure all team members are working to the same design instructions
- Own and manage projects to deadline and be able to escalation effectively and timely
- Create and implement new E-Learning assets aimed at range of different audiences
- Ensuring online learning materials are fully accessible and engaging to the learner
- Ensuring E-Learning materials and course materials are developed under a strict change control with thorough testing before release to the live environment
- E-Learning content and assessment loading into an LMS – troubleshooting and course fixes
- Be able to develop accessible versions of course content, that is compliant to W3 CAG standards
- Maintain a portfolio of E-Learning products to ensure currency and relevancy
- Work to a version control process
- Understand how to use gamification within the design and development of online content, to create a more immersive experience for the end user
- Be able to respond to feedback and implement changes where needed
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment, whilst retaining accuracy and creativity
- A qualification at Level 3 and above in one of the following multimedia design, learning & development, digital design OR relevant industry experience
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of English skills prefer to see a GCSE at B or above, or the equivalent of
- Experience of working with Storyline Articulate and Rise
- Experience of Instructional Design
- Experience of applying gamification into eLearning Design
- Experience of producing first class designs
- Have experience leading on design and communicating those designs to others
- Have an understanding of how to meet W3CAG standards and public body guidance on accessibility within E-Learning
- Be able to really provide an engaging online learning experience in an engaging manner drawing down on different content outputs that is relevant to the subject matter e.g. animations, infographics, storyline, rise packages etc
- Be able to stick to timescales and a project plan
- Keep workflows document up-to-date daily for reporting and project planning
- Being able to work as a team member and independently
- Being able to communicate effectively about designs and concepts, explaining how they meet the brief
- Being able to work on rapid projects with high accuracy and skill
- Being able to work to a brief
- Be able to create design documents and design guides
- There maybe an occasional need to work weekends or evenings if a deadline is approaching
- Holidays – 26 days + bank holidays
- Pension – 5% from yourself, 3% from LCG
- Healthcare and Tech scheme
- Social events
- Keeping in touch meetings
- Amazing Headquarters
LCG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.