Learning Curve Group are one of the UK’s leading training providers with Head Offices in the North East and London. We have over 500 employee’s, who we call our Purple People, that transform lives through learning every day. Our Purple People are a diverse bunch who only have a few things in common; they work hard, have fun while they do it and are passionate about learners.
Our recruitment team have a challenging job recruiting for all roles across the business. This can include Teaching Staff, Administrators, Technical roles, and Directors of the business - therefore is crucial you are adaptable. As a HR function, you will also support hiring managers through the interview process, coaching them where required on recruitment practices.
This is a diverse and rewarding role as you help the business achieve its goal by recruiting more Purple People. You will work from our amazing Head Office space in Spennymoor working Monday - Friday 9 - 5.
- To administer the safer recruitment practices in line with current legislation
- Advertise vacancies on relevant job boards & social media
- Pro-actively drive digital recruitment practices by actively source candidates via social media, networking, job boards and other appropriate methods
- Build and maintain a candidate pipeline
- Monitor and shortlist applications whilst maintaining a line of communication with managers regarding applications
- Arrange and attend interviews – Co-ordinating manager diaries and book meeting rooms and/or venues where appropriate
- Handle offers of employment and rejections, issuing contracts where appropriate
- Ensure all jobs have up to date job descriptions – Assist managers in writing and amending new job descriptions
- Obtain candidate references, right to work and any relevant documents, updating candidate profile on the HCM.
- Ensure new starters are DBS checked where applicable, obtaining relevant documentation prior to Induction. If required, coordinate with safeguarding lead for risk assessment
- Ensure all new starters have a mandatory induction, Coordinating diaries with relevant departments such as IT, H&S and finance.
- Inform payroll officer of all new starters and leavers for monthly payroll
- Undertake in the marketing activity to assist the Head of Recruitment in developing the employer Brand
- Coordinate LCG careers events on and off site and undertaking all follow up candidate activity
- Generate relevant HCM reports for Recruitment and HR purposes
- Support the levy team for apprenticeship recruitment activity
- Undertake market research on recruitment including salary bench marking
- Assist the Head of Recruitment in reviewing and updating the Recruitment & Selection process and procedures
- General adhoc administration duties
- Recruitment experience either as an external or internal recruitment consultant / resources
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- High level of initiative
- Resilient and tenacious
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills with the ability to maintain high levels of accuracy under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of safer recruitment guidelines
- Knowledge of the education sector
- Holidays – 26 days + bank holidays
- Pension – 5% from yourself, 3% from LCG
- Laptop & Mobile phone
- Healthcare and Tech scheme
- Social events
- Keeping in touch meetings
- Amazing Headquarters
LCG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.