Learning Curve Group operate in a dynamic environment that involves significant changes for the further education and skills sectors. Learning Curve Group (LCG) is particularly well known as a high-quality supplier of services connected to the delivery of funded, vocational training. The business has entered a phase of accelerated growth to capitalise on and continue its success, and further develop the service offering.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Follow the agreed bid management procedures ensuring they are implemented at each stage of the bid lifespan
- Ownership of the bid throughout the entire lifespan
- Liaise with other departments to understand different funding stream operations to support with the bid process
- Download potential business opportunities from tendering sites
- Review Client specifications and relevant bid documentation to ensure the opportunity fits the business manifesto and Client requirements can be met e.g. insurance compliance/delivery etc
- Manage inputs from a variety of stakeholders, ensuring that they are fully briefed and have a clear understanding of the bid requirements/key deliverables
- Manage kick off meetings, solution developments, complete presentations of the bid/solution to stakeholders and liaise with other departments to prepare a winning bid
- Conduct research needed to write, edit and check bids including evidence gathering to answer bid questions e.g. financial records/achievement rates etc
- Ensure bids are completed accurately and on time
- Manage the clarification process including making sure the bid team and relevant personnel are kept fully up to date with clarifications/document changes etc
- Keep an accurate bid library, bid tracker and complete due diligence where required
- Follow up on all bids for feedback and/or attend feedback / debrief sessions
- Carrying out such other duties as may be reasonably requested by the line manager, or any more senior manager
- Sharing in the Group’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Conduct your role in line with the company values and expected behaviours.
- Implement and comply with the Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policies.
- Ensure the maintenance of confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company.
To undertake these tasks, you’ll need these important qualities and essentail criteria
- Previous experience in Bid Writer Role
- Experience on leading / managing bids and personnel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research skills, with close attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisation skill
- Good IT skills with experience in Microsoft office software
- Proven track record in bid writer role and administration
- Proven track record in bid quality writing and evidence of the production of responses to the specification
- Experience of bid management
- Ability to work and motivate a team in demanding deadline environments
We offer a full induction and training package to our new staff so you very quickly feel part of the team. It is essential you have a full UK driving licence, are a confident and able driver, have access to your own vehicle and have the right to live and work in the UK.
- Holidays – 26 days + bank holidays
- Pension – 5% from yourself, 3% from LCG
- Healthcare and Tech scheme
- Social events
- Keeping in touch meetings
- Amazing Headquarters
LCG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.