Learning Curve Group are one of the UK's most diverse training providers with 500+ staff across the UK. Having recently acquired London Hairdressing Apprenticeship Academy, we continue to experience exponential growth. To help us continue this exciting period of growth we are looking for an Assistant Manager / Lead Bid Writer who will further enhance growth opportunities and supporting with new business.
To suceed in this role, you’ll need these important qualities:
- Good research and writing skills, with close attention to detail
- Good IT skills
- Time -management and organisation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Main duties and responsibilities
- Conduct research needed to write bids
- Pull information from tendering sites that could be potential business opportunities
- Attend regular meetings with relevant personnel to understand the service/sector to support writing the bid
- Talking and listening to other departments/Teams to understand different funding stream operations
- Gathering evidence to answer tender questions
- Collecting data for bids e.g. financial records/achievement rates etc
- Reading Specifications and relevant documentation to ensure the opportunity fits the business and we can comply with requirements e.g. insurance compliance/delivery etc
- Presenting technical information in easy-to-understand ways
- Writing, editing and checking tenders
- Keeping accurate records, updating tender tracker and saving material for future use
- Create a ‘Master’ document to collate bid information and ensure is it updated on a continual basis
- Complete Due Diligence where required
- Ensure tenders are completed accurately and on time
- Assemble a bid team with the relevant knowledge and skills to prepare a winning bid
- Follow the agreed bid management procedures and ensure they are implemented at each stage of the bid process
- Chair Bid Kick off meetings, solution development and mid bid meetings
- Manage inputs from a variety of stakeholders, ensuring they are fully briefed and understanding the client bid requirements/key deliverables and develop a win plan for each opportunity
- Attend feedback / debrief sessions
- Manage the clarification process including making sure the bid team and relevant personnel are kept fully up to date with clarifications/document changes etc.
- Ownership of the bid programme and process from inception through to submission and thereafter where appropriate.
- Co-ordinate tender queries/amendments, assessing impacts and advising the bid team.
- Carrying out such other duties as may be reasonably requested by the line manager, or any more senior manager
- Sharing in the Group’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Conduct your role in line with the company values and expected behaviours.
- Implement and comply with the Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policies.
- Ensure the maintenance of confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company.
- Bid Writing experience is essential- preferably within the education sector.
- Leading/managing bid processes.
- Proven track record in bid management and administration
- Proven track record in bid quality writing and evidence of the production of responses to the specification
- Worked previously within a bid writer role preferably in education
- Ability to work and motivate a team in demanding deadline environments
If successful, what do you get in return?
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Pension – 5% from yourself, 3% from LCG
- Laptop and Mobile phone
- Healthcare and Tech scheme
- Social events
- Keeping in touch meetings
- Amazing Headquarters
- CPD Opportunities through our Purple People Academy