The London Hairdressing Apprenticeship Academy (LHAA) is a dynamic and innovative vocational training organisation that specialises in high quality hairdressing training. The LHAA offers NVQs and Apprenticeships at our state of the art hairdressing academies based in Borehamwood (Hertfordshire), Camden (London), Chiswick (West London), Croydon (South London) and Loughton (Essex). At Loughton we have a state of the art hairdressing salon for the practical delivery that has 24 hairdressing columns and a fully equipped training room for the delivery of hairdressing and barbering theory. The equipment in our salon was designed exclusively for the LHAA and was manufactured to our specification in Italy and the UK. Many of our staff at Loughton are Vidal Sassoon trained and are highly skilled and talented hairdressers and barbers and have a passion for hairdressing.
You will need these important qualities:
- Excellent communication at all levels
- Self-motivated decision maker
- Adaptable and able to work under pressure with strong attention to detail
- Good people skills for developing relationships with colleagues at all levels
Academy and People Management
- Manage and monitor the overall academy performance to maintain high standards of professionalism and quality of the provision, using agreed KPI’s to meet key company objectives
- Develop and line manage Academy staff to ensure delivery of the provision is maintained to a high standard, with the provision fully staffed across all sites
- Effectively manage team performance and underperformance through robust and timely reviews with the use of observations and RAG ratings where appropriate
- Ensure that all Educators/Assessors maintain their CPD requirements in line with the guidelines as specified by the Awarding Body
- Develop strategies and drive improvements in relation to learner attendance, retention and achievement
- Responsibility for producing daily/weekly/monthly reports in relation to academy performance and learner progress and report to the executive team where required.
- Support the Head of Functional Skills in the management of the functional skills scheduling and ensure all teaching staff participate in the classroom delivery of the functional skills.
- Contribute to the actions set out in the Quality Improvement Plan and ensure that it is disseminated to all Academy staff and that the QIP actions are delivered.
- Manage the review process ensuring that progress reviews are completed timely
- Ensure that the academy is cost effective with monitoring and management of budgeted expenditure
- Support the EEM with employer engagement activity including managing open days and employer visits
- Support the implementation of improvement strategies resulting from the employer satisfaction surveys
- Assist the EEM with recruitment of learners, reporting on profile targets and monitor outcomes
- Manage the Learner Voice process to ensure that all learners complete the QDP survey and lead the in-depth and report the outcomes in the monthly report and implement changes as agreed with the Board of Directors
- Provide support for learners and impartial information, advice and guidance as required throughout their learning experience
- Ensure that learners receive adequate ALN and LS reviews are carried out monthly
Safeguarding and Prevent
- Perform the Designated Safeguarding Officer duties as required and ensure all staff within the Academy are aware of their Safeguarding responsibilities and escalation processes for reporting Safeguarding issues.
- Responsible to support the development of safeguarding and child protection policies, training and procedures and guidance for the LHAA/LBTA Academies and to assist in the coordination of referrals, arranging action and reviewing services for children and young people and vulnerable adults
- Encourage good practice across the LHAA/LBTA by promoting and championing the LHAA Safeguarding policy and procedures
- Support Lead Safeguarding Officers in completing professional assessments of need and risk
Quality & Compliance
- Work collaboratively with the Quality team to effectively monitor and manage all Academy provision, including performance management and audit compliance
- Support the Lead IQA by contributing to the IQA strategy and schedule
- Provide input to the standardisation of the delivery of the hairdressing practical skills as required by the NVQ standards and ensure educators deliver in accordance with agreed guidelines
- Ensure appropriate quality assurance checks are conducted within the curriculum area in line with Academy audit policies and procedures.
- Produce ad hoc reports as and when required
- Maintain own CPD.
- Comply and follow all processes within the Health and Safety Policy
- Comply and follow all processes within the IT Policy and, Data Protection and Information Security Policy
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company
- Ensure the maintenance of confidentially and professionalism at all time
- It is essential that you have a commitment to behave in a way that meets our company values and that places the learner and their wellbeing at the heart of what you do
- Experience in the Hairdressing industry
- Relevant teaching qualification at level 3 or above
- A track record of positive outcomes against KPIs
- Demonstrable experience of sharing practice and resources
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritise conflicting demands, work under pressure and to targets
- Strong communication, presentation and IT skills
- Ability to lead from the front, showing strong leadership skills, assertive and target focused
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Holidays – 26 days + bank holidays
- Pension – 5% from yourself, 3% from LCG
- Healthcare and Tech scheme
- Social events
- Keeping in touch meetings
- Amazing Headquarters
LCG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.