Borehamwood was our first hairdressing and barbering academy which opened in October 2011. It is also the Head Office of the London Hairdressing Apprenticeship Academy. At Borehamwood we have two training rooms for the delivery of the theory of hairdressing and barbering. Borehamwood also boasts a state of the art hairdressing salon of over 2000 sq ft to support the practical delivery of hairdressing; the salon has 32 hairdressing columns. The equipment in our hairdressing and barbering salon is Italian designed and was manufactured by Pietranera in Via Masaccio in Reggio Emilia, Italy.
Monday - 9-5
Thursday - 9-1
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Deliver a positive learning experience for all learners on a range of Beauty Therapy courses at levels 2 and 3 that engage all learners.
- Deliver the NVQ, VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy and small awards at levels 2 and 3 in accordance with the scheme of work [SOW] and produce weekly lesson plans to ensure effective delivery of the SOW
- Manage the induction process for new groups of students
- Provide stretch and challenge and support for learners where appropriate
- Responsible for achieving an outstanding completion rate of circa 85%
- Generate teaching and learning resources as required or use the company’s resources – All resources to be approved by the Head of Teaching and Learning before implementation
- Assess both theory and practical work on a regular basis and record assessment outcomes
- Level 3 Beauty Therapy Diploma
- Facial Electrotherapy
- Body Electrotherapy
- Hot Stone Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- TAQA/CAVA or equivalent
- Holidays – 26 days + bank holidays
- Pension – 5% from yourself, 3% from LCG
- Healthcare and Tech scheme
- Social events
- Keeping in touch meetings
- Amazing Headquarters
For LCG to really transform lives through learning, it takes diversity of skills, knowledge culture and background. That’s why we're an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.