Learning Curve Group are one of the UK's most diverse and passionate training providers with amazing Head Office space in the North East. With around 500 employee's across multiple sites, across the UK, we have big growth plans so require an Employment Relations Advisor or internally known as "People Partner" to join the HR Team.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To advise, guide and support managers with all matters relating to employee relations
- Effective case management of people related issues such as: disciplinaries, performance management, employment tribunals, grievance and absence management
- Developing effective relationships with the business to promote good employee relations and embed the LCG culture across the organisation
- Monitoring trends in employment practices and providing insight on appropriate proactive action
- Providing advice and guidance on disciplinary and welfare cases, capability, grievance, and coaching / training managers where appropriate.
- Ensure all employees are legal and compliant with employment legislation, that they have a right to work in the UK, and that they are suitable for employment
- Ensure the HR database is maintained and holds accurate data in accordance with GDPR
- Develop a rapport with managers and employees
- Reviewing HR templates and policies to ensure they are fit for purpose and in line with current legislation
- Create training modules and deliver this to managers and key staff
- Participate and support in the recruitment process
- Carrying out such other duties as may be reasonably requested by the line manager, or any more senior manager
- Sharing in the Group’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Conduct your role in line with the company values and expected behaviours.
- Implement and comply with the Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policies.
- Ensure the maintenance of confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company.
To undertake these tasks, you’ll need these important qualities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the HR department and how it supports and leads the organisation
- Good understanding of Employment Legislation
- Clear knowledge of HR Policies and Procedures
- Strong organisational and planning skills
We offer a full induction and training package to our new staff so you very quickly feel part of the team. It is essential you have a full UK driving licence, are a confident and able driver, have access to your own vehicle and have the right to live and work in the UK.
- CIPD Level 3 (or equivalent experience)
- Experience of handling employment relations including Disciplinary investigations / ACAS
- Experience of complex employment relation queries
- Experience of working in a busy HR department
- Knowledge of Employment Law and how to apply this to employment cases
- Ability to engage with all stakeholders across the business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to ensure stakeholders are clear on policy / process
- Ability to manage a constant workload with conflicting demands to achieve timely deadlines while maintain attention to detail
- Competent in IT Skills
- Experience of conducting large organisational changes
- Experience of the education sector
- Use of Sage People System
- Holidays – 26 days + bank holidays
- Pension – 5% from yourself, 3% from LCG
- Armed Forces Covenant - Silver
- Healthcare and Tech scheme
- Social events
- Keeping in touch meetings
- Amazing Headquarters
For LCG to really transform lives through learning, it takes diversity of skills, knowledge culture and background. That’s why we're an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.