Learning Curve Group is a national training and education specialist. We work with further education providers, employers and learners to help them achieve success. Since 2004, Learning Curve Group (LCG) has grown both organically and through acquisition to become one of the largest and most diverse providers in the country. We have strong values which are all centred around our learners – and that's how we believe it should be, as we impact on over 100,000 of them every year. Our ‘Purple People’, the dedicated and passionate people of LCG, help us to deliver success no matter what, to achieve our vision to ‘transform lives through learning’.
You will be part of a growing team with diverse skills and experience and the job requires a motivated individual who is experienced in taking ownership and can deliver results on both departmental and business goals. In return, you get some great benefits working for Learning Curve Group.
We are more than happy to offer a hybrid working model, allowing 2 days a week for home working.
You can view the full job description here
MY MAIN DUTIES
- Contribution to the development and implementation of multiple technical solutions from design through to code level.
- Understand the Agile development process, its purpose and benefits.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that risks and issues are identified and managed closely and drive all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards.
- Contributing to retrospectives and full reviews helping to define sprint outcomes.
- Contribute to the definition of development and systems strategies.
- Work on a wide range of projects involving the implementation of new and integrating with existing systems, solutions and processes
- Feedback data to enable data driven management decisions at all levels of company management.
- Conduct your role in line with the behaviour aligned with our company values
- Comply with and follow all processes within The Safeguarding Policy, ensuring safely of all learners is paramount
- Comply and follow all processes within the Health and Safety Policy
- Comply and follow all processes within the IT Policy and, Data Protection and Information Security Policy
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company
- Ensure the maintenance of confidentially and professionalism at all time
- Managing Azure Devops git repos and release life-cycles
- Infrastructure deployment, configuration and maintenance. Including databases, servers and CDN
- Perform Devops tasks including configuring pipelines for builds and deployments
- Knowledge of building and maintain authentication platforms with a good understanding of OAuth, JWT and RBAC
- Encouraged to and comfortable with evaluating and contributing towards technology choices and architectural decisions
- Worked with 3rd party integrations on platforms such as Twillio, SendGrid etc
- ChatOps and team focused systems integration including MS Teams
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and good software practices such as SOLID, CQRS, TDD, BDD
- Worked in agile environments and handled projects in both Scrum and Kanban.
- Good understanding of data storage and access and worked with databases including Postgress ans possibly MongoDB.
- Understanding of Distributed Systems and paradigms such as GraphQL and Rest and a good knowledge of HTTP and intersystem communications
- Familiar with Microservice architecture
- A reasonable knowledge of Site Reliability Engineering including aspects such as infrastructure and application logging, instrumentation, alerting and monitoring
- Front end experience including web-design, UX and UI
- Ability to write and maintain technical and none technical documentation
- Good communication skills and able to explain complex technical details to non-technical people.
- Comfortable mentoring and guiding junior members of the team
- Happy to carry out personal and professional development
- Experience with automated testing environments Unit and integration specifically Jest and Cypress
- Holidays – 26 days + bank holidays
- Pension – 5% from yourself, 3% from LCG
- Armed Forces Covenant - Silver
- Healthcare and Tech scheme
- Social events
- Keeping in touch meetings
- Amazing Headquarters
For LCG to really transform lives through learning, it takes diversity of skills, knowledge culture and background. That’s why we're an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.