Transforming lives is what we do best, and there is no better example of this than in our Academies. Offering learners the chance to learn practical skills, our Pre-Uniformed Services Academies offer a unique learning experience for learners looking to gain a level 1 or 2 vocational qualification in public services or fitness. Learning Curve Group are a national training and education specialist we work with further education providers, employers, and learners to help them achieve success. We have strong values which are all centred around our learners – and that is how we believe it should be, as we impact on over 100,000 of them every year. Our ‘Purple People’, the dedicated and passionate people of LCG, help us to deliver success no matter what, to achieve our vision to ‘transform lives through learning’. Learning Curve Group are a growing company which is proven with the recent acquisition of our 7th acquired business MPCT, MPCT are Military Preparation Colleges located across both England and Wales, with over 30 centres offering unique training in both vocational qualifications, employability skills, and most importantly helping prepare for employment which includes rewarding careers in the British Armed Forces.
- To keep up to date with subject knowledge to ensure lessons are challenging.
- To prepare demanding lessons to ensure Learners realise their potential.
- To plan and deliver imaginative and motivational schemes of work and lesson plans with a clear focus on the needs of the individual Learner.
- To ensure the skills curriculum is contextually relevant and meets the vocational aspirations of Learners.
- To continually support the development and improvement of the Skills curriculum
- To ensure resources reflect and value the diversity of Learners’ experience and provide a comprehensive understanding of people and communities beyond their immediate experience.
- To promote British Values at every opportunity.
- To promote the co-ordination of ESDGC within each centre.
- To model excellence in teaching, learning and assessment with innovative technology and ensure the use of technology to develop Learners’ maths and English.
- To ensure learning is systematically checked for effective learning during lessons and to offer clear directed and timely support that provides notable improvement with learning.
- To identify Learners who are falling behind, support and enable all to catch up, for all groups of Learners.
- To ensure assessment is used to inform Learners on how to improve their knowledge via direct 1:1 feedback.
- To coordinate student support and offer individual coaching sessions to support Learners with SEND.
- To set challenging individual targets for all Learners.»To carry out progress reviews to support Learners’ educational development.
- To support the delivery of Learner induction with the Centre Manager.
- To ensure all work experience is tracked via the FCA in England to ensure Learners are embracing the opportunities the programme provides with MPCT partner employers.
- To keep the MPCT MIS/Inspire up to date with all Learners’ details and tracking of performance of qualifications, attendance & progressions.
- To gain, and maintain, an in-depth knowledge of awarding body standards, policies, processes and paperwork and ensure adherence at all times.
- To follow a quality-monitoring process for internal quality assurance to ensure effective delivery of teaching, learning and assessment.
- To listen to the views of Learners and parents to improve teaching and learning.
- To attend regular training on teaching, learning and assessment provided by MPCT.
We love to develop our people so even if you don't meet 100% of the essential criteria, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Level 3 Qualified in Maths or English
- Teaching qualification or the experience of teaching or instructing
- Knowledge of vocational qualifications or the education sector
You’re unique – and we love that about you. As an equal opportunity employer, we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Don’t just take our word for it though! Our commitment to a number of covenants and pledges will show you just how serious we are about equal opportunities for all:
- Disability Confident Employer
- Armed Forces Covenant Silver
- Domestic Abuse Covenant
- Durham Enable
- Care Leaver Covenant
26 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
We understand the gift of time, whether it’s to see your loved ones or just spending time doing the things you love. That’s why in addition to your basic allowance of 26 days your annual leave allowance can rise to as much as 44 days per annum (inclusive of BH) because of these amazing extra leave perks:
Buy & Sell | You can buy sell up to an extra 5 days annual leave each year
2YRS Service | Staff who have 2YRS service received an extra 2 days annual leave
5YRS Service | Staff who have 5YRS service receive a further 2 days annual leave
10YRS Service | Staff who have 10YRS service receive a further 1 days annual leave
We have a huge range of perks which you can look at here
HEAD OFFICE PERKS
We wish we could provide these to all, but as a national company its not always possible. However these perks are available to all staff when they attend our incredible Head Office space.
- Electric Car charging points
- Free fruit, Coffee and Tea
- Onsite Shower
- Prayer room on request or list of nearest available places of worship
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or need support in applying for this role, please contact our recruitment team on 01388 777129 or Workforus@Learningcurvegroup.co.uk
If the working hours, days or times don't quite meet your needs please contact us to see if we can accommodate working flexibly.