Learning Curve Group is a market-leading provider of high-quality training for people aged 16 and above. We deliver just a proportion of training programmes we have on offer at our Sunderland Construction Academy including Joinery, Brick, P&D and DIY skills. Due to growth we are looking for an Academy Manager who will be responsible for the academies success around NEET, Study Programmes, Adult learning & Apprenticeships
This role is much more than leading a team and you will be required to engage with local companies to increase learner starts and promote the academy brand. To succeed you must be dynamic leader, forward thinking and creative to be able to growth the academies success further.
- To undertake the management of the Sunderland academy and outreach provisions.
- To work flexibly and efficiently to ensure the highest professional standards in the delivery of appropriate learning programmes.
- Ensure that delivery is cost effective, in terms of revenue generation and cost control, monitored against ESFA/partner contract value and mix of provision.
- Responsibility for the weekly managing, monitoring and reporting of KPIs: Retention, At risk, Withdrawals, Non-starts, Achievers, PPED, QAR (Overall & Timely) and Audit compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate and levels of learner internal and external progression.
- Effectively manage the academies delivery team.
- Responsibility for team: recruitment, induction, performance against KPI’S, appraisal and review.
- Effectively manage team performance and underperformance through the use of monthly performance reviews, staff action plans, capability plans, diary & time management.
- Organise and Manage appropriate training and development Sunderland academy Staff.
- Manage academy staff attendance/absence.
- Effectively organise and chair a weekly academy delivery team meeting and ensure all team members understand current levels of performance against objectives.
- Keep all team members fully informed as to key changes in policies and procedures (both internal & external).
- Ensure required sample of learner files is audited on a monthly basis, all errors recorded, and staff members actioned accordingly and in a timely manner.
- Manage learners at risk, ensuring withdrawals and non-starts are within targeted % KPI.
- Manage the curriculum delivery with the designated centres, including tutorial/pastoral activities
- Manage all activities associated with the learning journey including but not limited to induction, target setting and progress reviews
- Monitor learner recruitment success and progression in line with budgeted revenue requirements.
- Monitor and control academies costs in line with budgeted expenditure requirements.
- Undertake relevant course development and research in collaboration with the Management team.
- Monitor and control course information
- Undertake marketing recruitment and promotional activities as directed.
- Manage academy course timetables and associated staffing.
- Manage student discipline and standards.
- Management and supervision of student visits.
- Work collaboratively with other LCG Group departments to ensure data accuracy (MIS).
- Responsible for the development and supply of all appropriate requested information – monthly update reports to Line Manager, data reports.
- Effective development of Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) in conjunction with Line Manager, Quality Department and team members, leading to SAR compilation.
- Effective prioritisation of Ofsted related planning activity, in line with Ofsted Plan and at the request of Director of Quality & Curriculum.
- Implement and comply with the Company's Equality & Diversity, Safeguarding and Health & Safety Policies.
- Other duties commensurate with salary and grade.
• Relevant teaching qualification
• Budgeting skills
• Experience of developing and implementing new curriculum and delivery models.
• Proven track record of employer engagement and business development.
• Knowledge and experience of PFA audits and ESFA eligibility rules.
• Experience of and involvement in Ofsted Inspection desirable.
• Track record of effectively driving and improving team performance.
• Experience of managing remote teams.
• Ability to lead from the front, showing strong leadership skills, assertive and target focused.
• Good influencing and negotiation skills – building and maintaining effective relationships.
• Ability to effectively plan and prioritise conflicting demands, work under pressure and to targets.
• Experience of the work-based learning sector.
• Strong communication, presentation and IT skills.
• Ability to analyse data effectively and use it to make informed delivery decisions.
• Full driving license and use of vehicle.
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Pension – 5% from yourself, 3% from LCG
- Laptop and Mobile phone
- Healthcare and Tech scheme
- Social events
- Keeping in touch meetings
- Amazing Headquarters
LCG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.