This role requires an experienced, highly motivated and enthusiastic person to deliver on Pre-Uniformed Services and Sport programmes linked to our Yorkshire Academies. Teaching, learning, assessment and support is required for 16-18-year-old learners/19+ Adult learners on Programmes of Study, including Level 1,2 and 3 certificates, diplomas and activity to enhance employability.
- High level of discipline.
- The ability to inspire young people and adults to achieve.
- The ability to guide and mentor young people and adults.
- Effective communication.
- Good personal administration skills.
- Ability to prioritise large workloads.
- A good level of physical fitness.
- Experience in teaching
- Experience in uniformed services
- Delivery high quality teaching, learning assessment and support to learners to ensure achievement of qualifications.
- Support the Yorkshire Academies / ESO with recruitment activity to ensure achievement of learner starts.
- Support the academies admins/Manager with the planning and timetabling of all learning activity.
- Ensure that the training and learning areas are clean and safe for all staff and learners on a daily and ongoing basis.
- Support the ESO to carry out learner inductions and associated processes.
- Accurately complete registers and monitor attendance of learners.
- Effectively support learners to ensure excellent retention, achievement & progression.
- Ensure ILPs are completed and progress reviews are planned and undertaken effectively
- Effectively manage learner behaviour and where appropriate deploy the learner disciplinary policy.
- Assess learner work and submit portfolios in a timely manner.
- Attend standardisation and team meetings.
- Manage and maintain equipment table for resources and equipment in the academy.
- Undertake appropriate learning and development activities as required for the job role and maintain a
- Conduct your role in line with the company values and expected behaviours.
- Implement and comply with LCG policies, including, Safeguarding, Prevent, British Values, Health and Safety.
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company.
- Any further activity that is reasonably requested in line with this role.
- First Point of contact for any discipline issues
- Head up attendance issues within the centre.
- Liaise with Regional Manager on curriculum design and forecasting.
- Assist and support with quality in their centres.
- Liaise with military partnerships daily to acquire keys to sites within the centre for example GYM/drill hall Additional classrooms.
- Booking of military weapons
- Support the ESO with Booking of non qual activity for example riot training/fire station and visit etc
- Open and Secure premises daily liaise with caretaker if required
- Assist and support RM on the implementation of H&S requirements of centre.
- Assist RM with displays, policies remain up to date with the centres. assist with IT/machine breakdowns.
- Identify improvements and recommend to RM
- Provide immediate tutor/staff support and liaise with RM and brief.
- Assist RM with the cleanliness and functionality of the academies.
- Support ESO’s with initial interviews of the learners to ensure the right learner is on the right course where possible.
- Support Administrators with payments/bus ticket/diner money when required.
- Support quality and hold timely focus groups when required.
- Level 2 or above in Maths/English.
- Candidates must have a teacher training qualification at PTLLS level, Education and training L3, CTTLS or DTLLS/Cert Ed .
- Trainers must have at least a level 3 in the identified trade and/or five years’ industrial experience
- Uniformed and public services knowledge.
- You will also be required to have excellent communication skills in order to train the students. Skills in clear and constructive feedback and an ability to identify development goals and review the progress of these goals on a regular basis is essential.
- Candidate will be required to attend field training exercises with the students, this can vary from 1 night to 1-week stay. There may also be rare weekend recruitment events to be attended
- Fit and healthy and able to conduct physical training with learners
- Holidays – 26 days + bank holidays
- Pension – 5% from yourself, 3% from LCG
- Healthcare and Tech scheme
- Social events
- Keeping in touch meetings
- Amazing Headquarters
For LCG to really transform lives through learning, it takes diversity of skills, knowledge culture and background. That’s why we're an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.