The core aim of this qualification is to empower learners with the essential knowledge and skills needed to engage, facilitate, educate, and support clients effectively in the dynamic gym or health club environment. Upon programme completion, individuals can acquire the competencies required to thrive as Gym Instructors, unlocking promising career opportunities in the fitness industry. This certification not only guarantees that learners are well-prepared for the fitness profession but also positions them as valuable assets in the fiercely competitive job market. In doing so, it not only contributes to the success of gym and health club businesses but also fosters a healthier and more active community, benefiting both individuals and organisations.
The learner journey
1. 15 months on-programme – This is when the learner will be supported by a dedicated tutor to complete the elements listed below of the Apprenticeship Framework. The learner could partake in a combination of activities, such as classroom-based sessions, mentoring, shadowing, bespoke resources and off-site visits to support their learning and development. This programme is made up of the following qualifications:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness
- Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing
- Essential Skills Wales Communication (if required)
- Essential Skills Wales Application of Number (if required).
Free access to additional CPD qualifications for all apprentices that include:
- Level 2 Award in Circuit Training
- Level 2 Award in Group Indoor Cycling
- Level 2 Award in Kettlebell Training
- Level 2 Award in Instructing Suspended Movement Training
Apprenticeships are work-based training programmes designed around the needs of employers. These lead to nationally recognised qualifications. They are an excellent way for your business to develop key skills within your workforce.
All apprenticeships include the following elements:
- An appropriate competency qualification to at least Level 2 of the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF);
- Essential Skills Wales qualifications (If required)
- A technical knowledge qualification such as Personal Training or Sports Coaching (relevant to the specific Apprenticeship);
- Other qualifications or requirements as specified by the particular occupation such as group Indoor Cycling (Spin) and Kettlebells, circuits and suspended movement training.
Who are they for?
- Apprenticeships are available to anybody 16+ who is capable of achieving a Level 2 Qualification, so you can take on a new starter or train existing employees. Funding is available towards the cost of training and assessment.
- Apprentices will be paid a minimum of 16 hours per week at apprentice minimum wage by the employer.
Find out more
To learn additional information about this apprenticeship, you can explore our Course Sheet or Learner Journey.
Contact us today!
This apprenticeship is only delivered in Wales.