Within this Skills Bootcamp learners will gain a thorough understanding of the most important aspects of child development in the early years. Learn about the different career opportunities and doors they will open for you to progress in the industry.
This Skills Bootcamp is part of the Accelerated Apprenticeship model and is designed to fast-track learners from Skills Bootcamps into Apprenticeships. Gain a head start on your apprenticeship and start with a Skills Bootcamp.
The government recently expanded the 30-hour free childcare scheme for working parents from when their child turns nine months old until they start school. Over 100,000 parents of two-year-olds have already registered their children on the system to benefit from the first stage of the rollout that entitles them to 15 hours of free childcare from April 2024.
To prepare for the new offer, the government have invested an extra £200 million in funding to the sector in September 2023 and promised over £400 million for 2024-25 to uplift hourly rates for the early year entitlements.
The government will also be trialling a new recruitment offer to increase the number of staff nurseries and early years providers need to offer more childcare places to parents. Recruits will receive a £1,000 bonus when they start their first role in childcare *subject to eligibility.
What will I learn?
- Professional Development and Roles within Childcare
- Promote children’s emotional well-being and attachment
- Support healthy lifestyles for children through the provision of food and nutrition, why recognise the benefits
- Learning Strategies and Theories
- Promote children’s speech, language and communication
- Safeguarding, equality and diversity and health and safety
- Promoting children’s personal, social and emotional development
- Aged 19 or over at the start of your course
- Lived in the UK for at least 3 Years
- Have a National Insurance Number
- Progress straight into employment or gain a head start on an apprenticeship with a Skills Bootcamp. Our unique Accelerated Apprenticeships model is designed to fast-track learners from Skills Bootcamps into Apprenticeships.