Gain Trainees with a Cash Incentive
Work experience that pays you
Unlock a source of trainees to help your business grow and develop. A traineeship is a non-paid work placement program for those aged 16 to 24 years old that lasts from 6 weeks up to 1 year.
The government will make a payment of £1,000 per trainee for a successful placement up to a maximum of 10 trainees per employer.
As well as the £1,000 payment per traineeship from the government there are many real world benefits to taking on a trainee:
- There is no cost to you as an employer, no wages to pay
- Flexibility to teach trainees job-specific skills aligned to your industry and business
- Flexible placement days/hours that suit you
- A great source of new staff, ensuring trainees are a good fit with your business before hiring
As an employer you qualify for the £1,000 incentive per traineeship payment from the government if you meet the following criteria:
- You are an employer in England
- Place a trainee aged between 16-24 years old
- Provide a high quality work placement of at least 70 hours’ work experience
- Provide constructive feedback and advice to the trainee
- Provide an exit interview for the trainee or if possible an interview for an apprenticeship or job vacancy
If you would like to employ a trainee then the government Kickstart scheme can be used to do this, covering their wages and national insurance contributions for the first 6 months of employment. Find out more about the kickstart scheme
Remember, there is a limit of 10 trainees per employer which would result in a maximum payment from the government of £10,000.
Place a Trainee
Learning Curve Group can help to place a trainee in your business, from sourcing candidates to filling out the required paperwork and managing the process. We’ll ensure you get the right placement for your business and receive the incentive
Traineeship Incentive Payments
Employer incentive payments are available until 31st July 2022, in order to receive a payment the trainee placement must be completed before this end date.
While the current end date is July 2022, the incentive period could be extended beyond this point.
As an employer you must claim for the incentive yourself using the online form, however as a training provider we can help guide you through this process.