What is a Traineeship?
A traineeship is a programme that aims to provide you with real work experience, vocational learning, confidence building as well as career development, to help you with those final steps into the world of work. The Traineeship Programme gives you an opportunity to develop valuable work experience as well as skills employers are looking for which you can then add to your CV. Traineeship can be anywhere from 6 weeks to 12 weeks in duration.
We start by looking at the sector you want to work in, we will match you with an employer so you can learn on-the-job and get a feel for what it’s like in a working environment. This work experience will help you decide whether the particular role and industry is right for you.
Why apply for a Traineeship?
- Gain crucial skills and work experience that employer’s desire
- Prepare yourself for progression into an apprenticeship
- Unlock your great potential and become ‘work ready’
- Stand out from the crowd and show you are motivated and committed
- Hands on experience with a high-quality employer in a sector of your choice
- Support with maths and English if needed
- Career advice and guidance to boost your career prospects
You can apply for a traineeship if you’re:
- Eligible to work in England
- Unemployed and have little or no work experience
- Aged 16 to 18