What is a Traineeship?
A traineeship is a Personal Development Programme that aims to provide you with Maths and English qualifications, career development and valuable work experience to help you with those final steps into the world of work. The Traineeship Programme is unpaid work experience but you will have travel expenses and lunch allowance for the duration of the programme.
Depending on the sector you are looking to work in, we will match you with an employer so you can learn on-the-job and get a feel for what it’s like in a working environment. This work experience will help you decide whether the particular role and industry is right for you.
Why apply for a Traineeship?
- Gain crucial skills and work experience that employer’s desire
- Unlock your great potential and become ‘work ready’
- Stand out from the crowd and show you are motivated and committed
- Hands on experience with a high-quality employer in a sector of your choice
- Support with Maths and English if needed
- Career advice and guidance to boost your career prospects
You can apply for a traineeship if you’re:
- Eligible to work in England
- Unemployed and have little or no work experience
- Aged 16 to 18 and qualified below Level 3
Traineeships for Employers
Traineeships offer employers the opportunity to build a pool of high quality future recruits for your workforce. Traineeships allow you to nurture the next generation helping your business to develop a loyal, talented workforce. You’ll have the flexibility to teach Trainees job specific skills allied to your industry and business. Amongst many benefits, it will also give your current employees the opportunity to build their own mentoring and coaching skills supporting the trainee.