Our Construction Academies offer a unique learning experience for learners looking to gain a level 1 or 2 vocational qualification in plastering, Painting and decorating, Bricklaying or Joinery. We are looking for an Academy manager with a background in construction to manage the provision of Sunderland academy and outreach provisions of Study Programmes, Adult Learning and Apprenticeships.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• To undertake the management of the Sunderland Academy and outreach provision,
• To work flexibly and efficiently to ensure the highest professional standards in the delivery of appropriate learning programmes.
• Ensure that delivery is cost effective, in terms of revenue generation and cost control, monitored against ESFA/partner contract value and mix of provision.
• Responsibility for the weekly managing, monitoring, and reporting of KPIs: Retention, At risk, Withdrawals, Non-starts, Achievers, PPED, QAR (Overall & Timely) and Audit compliance.
• Responsible for ensuring appropriate and levels of learner internal and external progression.
• Effectively manage the Sunderland delivery team.
• Responsibility for team: recruitment, induction, performance against KPI’S, appraisal and review.
• Effectively manage team performance and underperformance using monthly performance reviews, staff action plans, capability plans, diary & time management.
• Organise and manage appropriate training and development for the Sunderland Academy Staff.
• Manage Academy staff attendance/absence.
• Effectively organise and chair regular delivery team meeting and ensure all team members understand current levels of performance against objectives.
• Keep all team members fully informed as to key changes in policies and procedures (both internal & external).
• Ensure required sample of learner files is audited on a monthly basis, all errors recorded and staff members actioned accordingly and in a timely manner.
• Manage learners at risk, ensuring withdrawals and non-starts are within targeted % KPI.
• Manage the curriculum delivery, including tutorial/pastoral/careers activities
• Manage all activities associated with the learning journey including but not
limited to induction, target setting and progress reviews.
• Monitor learner recruitment success and progression in line with budgeted revenue requirements.
• Monitor and control Academy costs in line with budgeted expenditure requirements.
•Undertake relevant course development and research in collaboration with the Management team.
• Monitor and control course information
• Undertake marketing recruitment and promotional activities as directed.
• Manage Academy course timetables and associated staffing.
• Manage learner discipline and standards.
• Management and supervision of student visits.
• Work collaboratively with other LC Group departments to ensure data accuracy (MIS).
• Responsible for the development and supply of all appropriate requested information – monthly update reports to Line Manager, data reports.
• Effective development of Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) in conjunction with Line Manager, Quality Department, and team members, leading to SAR compilation.
• Effective prioritisation of Ofsted related planning activity, in line with Ofsted Plan and at the request of the Head of Quality.
• Implement and comply with the Company's Equality & Diversity, Safeguarding and Health & Safety Policies.
•Other duties commensurate with salary and grade.
- Knowledge, experience and skills required
• The candidate should hold a relevant teaching qualification.
• Budgeting skills
• Experience of developing and implementing new curriculum and delivery models.
• Proven track record of employer engagement and business development.
• Knowledge and experience of PFA audits and ESFA eligibility rules.
• Experience of and involvement in Ofsted Inspection desirable.
• Track record of effectively driving and improving team performance.
• Experience of managing remote teams.
• Ability to lead from the front, showing strong leadership skills, assertive and target focused.
• Good influencing and negotiation skills – building and maintaining effective relationships.
• Ability to effectively plan and prioritise conflicting demands, work under pressure and to targets.
• Experience of the work-based learning sector.
• Strong communication, presentation, and IT skills.
• Ability to analyse data effectively and use it to make informed delivery decisions.
• Full driving licence and use of vehicle.
Conduct your role in line with the behaviour aligned with our company values
Comply with and follow all processes within The Safeguarding Policy, ensuring safely of all learners is paramount
Comply and follow all processes within the Health and Safety Policy
Comply and follow all processes within the IT Policy and, Data Protection and Information Security Policy
Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company
Ensure the maintenance of confidentially and professionalism at all time
It is essential that you have a commitment to behave in a way that meets our company values and that places the leaner and their wellbeing at the heart of what you do.
We offer a full induction and training package to our new staff, so you very quickly feel part of the team.
As an essential car user, you must hold a full UK driving licence, be a confident and able driver, have access to your own vehicle and have the right to live and work in the U
- Holidays – 26 days + bank holidays
- Pension – 5% from yourself, 3% from LCG
- Healthcare and Tech scheme
- Social events
- Keeping in touch meetings
- Amazing Headquarters
For LCG to really transform lives through learning, it takes diversity of skills, knowledge culture and background. That’s why we're an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.