Learning Curve Group is delivering Skills Bootcamps in Construction to enable people to move into jobs quickly to meet labour market demands. In order to ensure that our learners get the best possible experience, and to support a swift transition into work, we are recruiting Teaching Assistants to support our programmes. Teaching Assistants will work closely with our Construction Tutors in both classroom and virtual delivery models undertaking a range of activities throughout the learner journey from induction to assessment and end tests.
- Be familiar with the Scheme of Work and the content of delivery sessions
- Have a thorough knowledge of the activities set by tutors and the intended outcome of these.
- Support and facilitate groups of learners to carry out tasks designated by the Tutor
- Undertake and support Individual Learning Planning and progress reviews
- Support learners with joining instruction, specifically virtual programmes through Teams, ensuring learners can access their course.
- Provide 1:1 support for learners to help them to progress in line with the rest of the class
- Book and invigilate end tests and support with queries from Awarding Body
- Manage non-timely completers by holding a record and making arrangements with these learners
- Support the assessment of the learners
- Help ensure that data gathering is efficient
- Previous experience of being in a supportive or caring role
- Good IT Skills and the ability to learn how to use Teams effectively
- Good communications skills and the ability to relate to a wide range of people
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and ability to support learners to reach their goals
- Holidays – 26 days + bank holidays
- Pension – 5% from yourself, 3% from LCG
- Armed Forces Covenant - Silve
- Healthcare and Tech scheme
- Social events
- Keeping in touch meetings
- Amazing Headquarters
For LCG to really transform lives through learning, it takes diversity of skills, knowledge culture and background. That’s why we're an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.