We are delighted to be working in conjunction with the TTF programme to recruit a Rail Engineer looking to transition into the world of education and training. The programme has been developed to attract experienced industry professional, with expert technical skills and knowledge into the world of further education so its important you have experience of being a Rail Engineer. Pulling on your own Rail expertise, you will work toward for delivering and assessing the learners studying their NVQ programmes. By placing them at the center of everything you do, you will help them succeed and achieve outstanding learning and assessment outcomes.
You will have a structured training plan for your first few weeks set out by your manager. Following that you will be support in an intensive training programme as part of the TTF scheme. You will:
• Undertake AET level 3
• Undertake the level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
• Extra teaching practice though team teaching through shadowing and mentoring
• Reduced caseload to learners whilst you study
You will need these important qualities:
- A willingness to learn as you work
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Good administration skills
- A genuine desire to help learners transform their lives
MY MAIN DUTIES
- Work towards the successful completion of the TTF programme to achieve the level 5 diploma in education and training
- Deliver a reduced timetable of teaching, learning and assessment during your studies ensuring learners complete in a timely manner
- To undertake qualification delivery planning in collaboration with team members that is compliant with all external requirements
- Ensure that support systems are provided to facilitate positive retention, achievement and progression
- Complete manual and e registers (ProSolutions) in a timely manner to the required standards
- Monitor attendance and performance of the learners on an ongoing basis and effectively report to management
- Deal with learner requirements quickly and effectively
- To ensure ILPs and progress reviews are completed appropriate to individual learner requirements, including the setting of smart targets
- Timely completion of assessment documentation to meet awarding body, audit and organisational requirements
- Submit portfolios in a timely manner for interim and summative verification and work with the Quality team to ensure improvement activities are completed
- To obtain a consistent record of 'Good’ observation grades (in line with OFSTED expectations) and aspire to achieve 'Outstanding’ performance
- Undertake appropriate learning and development activities as required for the job role and maintain a record of all CPD
- Attend standardisation and team meetings at designated centres to develop team and individual performance
- Promote and ensure safe working practices and safeguarding of learners in line with current Health and Safety legislation and LCG Safeguarding and Prevent policies.
- Conduct your role in line with the company values and expected behaviours.
- Implement and comply with the Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policies
- Ensure the maintenance of confidentially and professionalism at all time.
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company
Occupational experience as a rail engineer
Relevant Rail qualification(s)
- Holidays – 26 days + bank holidays
- Pension – 5% from yourself, 3% from LCG
- Armed Forces Covenant - Silve
- Healthcare and Tech scheme
- Social events
- Keeping in touch meetings
- Amazing Headquarters
For LCG to really transform lives through learning, it takes diversity of skills, knowledge culture and background. That’s why we're an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.