We are delighted to be working in conjunction with the Take Teaching Further programme to recruit a Rail Engineer looking to transition into the world of education and training. The programme has been developed to attract experienced industry professional, with expert technical skills and knowledge into the world of further education so its important you have experience of being a Rail Engineer. Pulling on your own Rail expertise, you will work toward for delivering and assessing the learners studying their NVQ programmes. By placing them at the centre of everything you do, you will help them succeed and achieve outstanding learning and assessment outcomes. We are looking to recruit trainers in the North East, North West and Midlands.
• Undertake AET level 3
• Undertake the level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
• Extra teaching practice though team teaching through shadowing and mentoring
• Reduced caseload to learners whilst you study
Occupational experience as a rail engineer
Relevant Rail qualification(s)
You will need these important qualities:
- A willingness to learn as you work
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Good administration skills
- A genuine desire to help learners transform their lives
MY MAIN DUTIES
- Work towards the successful completion of the TTF programme to achieve the level 5 diploma in education and training
- Deliver a reduced timetable of teaching, learning and assessment during your studies ensuring learners complete in a timely manner
- To undertake qualification delivery planning in collaboration with team members that is compliant with all external requirements
- Ensure that support systems are provided to facilitate positive retention, achievement and progression
- Complete manual and e registers (ProSolutions) in a timely manner to the required standards
- Monitor attendance and performance of the learners on an ongoing basis and effectively report to management
- Deal with learner requirements quickly and effectively
- To ensure ILPs and progress reviews are completed appropriate to individual learner requirements, including the setting of smart targets
- Timely completion of assessment documentation to meet awarding body, audit and organisational requirements
- Submit portfolios in a timely manner for interim and summative verification and work with the Quality team to ensure improvement activities are completed
- To obtain a consistent record of 'Good’ observation grades (in line with OFSTED expectations) and aspire to achieve 'Outstanding’ performance
- Undertake appropriate learning and development activities as required for the job role and maintain a record of all CPD
- Attend standardisation and team meetings at designated centres to develop team and individual performance
- Promote and ensure safe working practices and safeguarding of learners in line with current Health and Safety legislation and LCG Safeguarding and Prevent policies.
- Conduct your role in line with the company values and expected behaviours.
- Implement and comply with the Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policies
- Ensure the maintenance of confidentially and professionalism at all time.
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company
You’re unique – and we love that about you. As an equal opportunity employer, we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Don’t just take our word for it though! Our commitment to a number of covenants and pledges will show you just how serious we are about equal opportunities for all:
- Disability Confident Employer
- Armed Forces Covenant Silver
- Domestic Abuse Covenant
- Durham Enable
- Care Leaver Covenant
26 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
We understand the gift of time, whether it’s to see your loved ones or just spending time doing the things you love. That’s why in addition to your basic allowance of 26 days your annual leave allowance can rise to as much as 44 days per annum (inclusive of BH) because of these amazing extra leave perks:
Buy & Sell | You can buy sell up to an extra 5 days annual leave each year
2YRS Service | Staff who have 2YRS service received an extra 2 days annual leave
5YRS Service | Staff who have 5YRS service receive a further 2 days annual leave
10YRS Service | Staff who have 10YRS service receive a further 1 days annual leave
YOUR OTHER PURPLE PERKS
- Early Finish Fridays | Our staff can enjoy a 4PM finish on the last Friday of Every Month
- Armed Forces Covenant Silver | Extra leave entitlements for reservists
- Healthcare Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Cycle Scheme
- Social events
- Company Sick Pay and Bereavement Leave
- Uniform provided
HEAD OFFICE PERKS
We wish we could provide these to all, but as a national company its not always possible. However these perks are available to all staff when they attend our incredible Head Office space.
- Electric Car charging points
- Free fruit, Coffee and Tea
- Onsite Shower
- Prayer room on request or list of nearest available places of worship
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or need support in applying for this role, please contact our recruitment team on 01388 777129 or Workforus@Learningcurvegroup.co.uk
If the working hours, days or times don't quite meet your needs please contact us to see if we can accommodate working flexibly.