Development of children and young people
Professional practice in special educational needs service
How to support children and young people to achieve learning potential
How to support children and young people with speech, language and communication needs
How to support disabled children and young people and those with specific requirements
Full course title
ONCWM Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Special Educational Needs
Study this course with no course fees!
This course is funded via the National Skills Fund. You must either:
- Earn less than £18,525 per year
- Not hold a Level 3 qualification in any subject (equivalent to 2 full A levels, an advanced technical certificate or diploma)
You must also:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
Not eligible for funding?
Fund your qualification with an Advanced Learner Loan with nothing to pay until you earn over £27k a year. If you are not eligible for a free course through government funding, you can still gain a qualification to further your career with the help of an advanced learner loan. Find out more about Advanced Learner Loans here.
How Learners use this course
If you choose to complete this Level 3 course in Principles of Special Educational Needs, you may choose to seek employment in one of many varied occupational areas for example:
- SEN Teaching Assistant (up to £23,000)
- Children and Families Support Worker (£18,000 to £35,000)
- Learning Mentor (£14,500 to £25,000)
With further study, you may be interested in careers such as:
- SEN or mainstream teacher (£27,984 to £46,083)
- Early Years Tutor (£25,714 to £36,961)