Learning Curve Group is a national training and education specialist. We work with further education providers, employers and learners to help them achieve success. Since 2004, Learning Curve Group (LCG) has grown both organically and through acquisition to become one of the largest and most diverse providers in the country. We have strong values which are all centred around our learners – and that's how we believe it should be, as we impact on over 100,000 of them every year. Our ‘Purple People’, the dedicated and passionate people of LCG, help us to deliver success no matter what, to achieve our vision to ‘transform lives through learning’. Our employability team generally work with adults who are further away from the employment market and support them in gaining a qualification but also boosting their confidence and other soft skills. Our LCG head office is based in County Durham, but our employability provision operates nationally! As an associate tutor you are self-employed on behalf of LCG, the model of this delivery is ad-hoc in its nature which means we can't always guarantee you hours. However, the benefit is you get to pick and choose when you would like to take on a course to accommodate to your other commitments!
This role requires a highly motivated and self-driven person to deliver teaching, learning and assessment to learners on Learning Curve Group, Pathways to Employment courses. Tutors will have recent experience in the vocational sector relevant to the course; they will be sensitive to the support needs of unemployed learners within the local community looking to develop the confidence and skills necessary to progress to further education or employment. The Pathway tutor will take full responsibility for the effective running of the course and the associated administrative duties in accordance with the funding regulations.
We are looking specifically looking for tutors who can get to Central London, North London or East London.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deliver a timetable of teaching, learning and assessment as agreed with the Pathways Manager
- To undertake qualification delivery planning in collaboration with team members that is compliant with all external requirements
- Ensure that support systems are provided to facilitate positive retention, achievement and progression
- Completing the e registers in a timely manner to the required standards
- Monitor attendance and performance of the learners on an ongoing basis and effectively report to management
- Learner requirements are dealt with quickly and effectively
- To deliver teaching, learning and assessment ensuring a positive learner experience and timely achievement.
- To ensure ILPs and progress reviews are completed appropriate to individual learner requirements, including the setting of smart targets
- Timely completion of assessment and documentation to meet awarding body, audit and organisational requirements
- Submit portfolios in a timely manner for interim and summative verification and work with the IV to ensure quality improvement
- Undertake appropriate learning and development activities as required for the job role and maintain a record of all CPD.
- Contribute where appropriate to learner disciplinary action requirements
- Attending standardisation and team meetings at designated centres to develop team and individual performance
- Promote and ensure safe working practices and safeguarding of learners with in line with current Health and Safety legislation and LCG Safeguarding and Prevent policies.
- Conduct your role in line with the company values and expected behaviours.
- Implement and comply with the Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policies
- Ensure the maintenance of confidentially and professionalism at all time.
- Promote equal opportunities and recognition of diversity throughout the company.
- L3 Teaching qualification as a minimum
- L3 Physical Intervention
- L3 Conflict management
- L3 Emergency first aid at work
- 2 years recent experience as a Door Supervisor
- Relevant sector qualifications
- SIA Licence holder
- Be qualified to deliver - Door Supervision, First Aid at Work and Stewarding
All certificates must be verified before scheduling interviews.
For LCG to really transform lives through learning, it takes diversity of skills, knowledge culture and background. That’s why we're an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.