Learning Curve Group is a national training and education specialist. We work with further education providers, employers and learners to help them achieve success. Since 2004, Learning Curve Group (LCG) has grown both organically and through acquisition to become one of the largest and most diverse providers in the country. We have strong values which are all centred around our learners – and that's how we believe it should be, as we impact on over 100,000 of them every year. Our ‘Purple People’, the dedicated and passionate people of LCG, help us to deliver success no matter what, to achieve our vision to ‘transform lives through learning
Responsible for the delivery of high quality teaching, learning and assessment, across a range of qualifications to progress learners and support learner achievement.
To succeed as a Tutor/Assessor, you will need these important qualities:
- Passion for teaching and learning
- Focused on developing the potential in people
- Personable and engaging
- Organised and self-reliant
- Enthusiastic and professional
You will work from the Skills Academies, engaging learners based within the centre and visit sites where apprentices will be located. You must be comfortable with travel and hold a full UK driver license with access to your own car. We will endeavour to keep travel within a 1-hour radius or 50 miles; however, this must balance with the needs of our learners.
It is essential that you have excellent vocational experience in the sector for which you are applying and hold the appropriate level of qualification.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Carry out learner inductions and associated processes
- Deliver a timetable of learning as agreed with the Skills Academy Manager
- Undertake qualification delivery and planning in collaboration with team members and the Skills Academy Manager that meets LCG and external expectations
- Ensure ILPS are completed appropriate to individual learner requirements, including SMART target setting and incorporating planned review points
- Complete registers and documentation to the required standards of the contract and ensure that these are communicated to colleagues within their required deadlines
- Monitor attendance and performance of the learners on an ongoing basis and effectively report to management
- Ensure that support systems are provided to facilitate positive retention, achievement and progression
- Timely completion of assessment and documentation to meet awarding body, funding body and organisational requirements
- Submit portfolios in a timely manner for interim and summative verification to the internal moderator
- Contribute where appropriate to learner disciplinary action requirements
- Maintain a log of the equipment used by the learners in your department and take appropriate measures to prevent the loss of equipment through theft
- Attend standardisation and team meetings at the designated centres
- Undertake internal moderation activities as required
- Promote and ensure safe working practices in line with current Health and Safety legislation, including health and safety department inspections and risk assessments
- Undertake appropriate learning and development activities as required for the job role and maintain a record of all CPD
- Ensure the work area is clean and safe for all the staff and learners on a daily and ongoing basis
- Deliver weekend courses on a rotation basis and shared with other team members over the course of the year if required
- Demonstrate company core values and vision
- Any other requirement which may be asked of from time to time
Key Performance Indicators:
- Maintain learner caseload
- Retention and achievement rates
- Less than 5% passed planned end date learners
- Regular contact with learners and employers
- Educated to Level 2 or above in Mathematics & English
- Assessor qualified, A1, TAQA, CAVA, or D32, D33
- Level 3 in subject area
- Recognised teaching or training qualification at level 3 or above.
- Five years’ industrial experience.
- Knowledge of safeguarding and Prevent.
- Vocational experience in the area in what you are applying for.
- Excellent communication and delivery skills
- Drive and enthusiastic to support learners
- Passionate about transforming people’s lives through learning
- Self-reliant and able to manage own workload
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
You’re unique – and we love that about you. As an equal opportunity employer, we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Don’t just take our word for it though! Our commitment to a number of covenants and pledges will show you just how serious we are about equal opportunities for all:
- Disability Confident Employer
- Armed Forces Covenant Silver
- Domestic Abuse Covenant
- Durham Enable
- Care Leaver Covenant
26 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
We understand the gift of time, whether it’s to see your loved ones or just spending time doing the things you love. That’s why in addition to your basic allowance of 26 days your annual leave allowance can rise to as much as 44 days per annum (inclusive of BH) because of these amazing extra leave perks:
Buy & Sell | You can buy sell up to an extra 5 days annual leave each year
2YRS Service | Staff who have 2YRS service received an extra 2 days annual leave
5YRS Service | Staff who have 5YRS service receive a further 2 days annual leave
10YRS Service | Staff who have 10YRS service receive a further 1 days annual leave
YOUR OTHER PURPLE PERKS
- Early Finish Fridays | Our staff can enjoy a 4PM finish on the last Friday of Every Month
- Armed Forces Covenant Silver | Extra leave entitlements for reservists
- Healthcare Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Cycle Scheme
- Social events
- Company Sick Pay and Bereavement Leave
- Uniform provided
HEAD OFFICE PERKS
We wish we could provide these to all, but as a national company its not always possible. However these perks are available to all staff when they attend our incredible Head Office space.
- Electric Car charging points
- Free fruit, Coffee and Tea
- Onsite Shower
- Prayer room on request or list of nearest available places of worship
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or need support in applying for this role, please contact our recruitment team on 01388 777129 or Workforus@Learningcurvegroup.co.uk
If the working hours, days or times don't quite meet your needs please contact us to see if we can accommodate working flexibly.