An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the IT and Development team to support the development, integration and process automation of our Finance, HR and Learner Management Information Systems as well as the reporting from each. You will work collaboratively with stakeholders across LCG and play a pivotal role in ensuring our end users have a great experience when using our systems and reporting.
- Develop solutions to meet the needs of the business as directed by the Head of MI Systems and Reporting
- Identifying areas for improvement, assisting in developing these along with process improvements
- Working closely with internal business stakeholders, you will find innovative solutions to data/report requests
- Be involved in hands-on SQL database development and report-building, using PowerBI and SSRS
- Build reporting using the latest design standards and techniques ranging from single to multi page outputs.
- Ensure wherever possible systems are integrated providing a positive end user experience
- Contributing to the planned roadmap for system changes and improvements
- Supporting the management of updates, patches and maintenance of LCG’s MI systems
We love to develop our people so even if you don't meet 100% of the essential criteria, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Understanding of databases, structures, relationships, and other aspects related to SQL.
- Experience of supporting and developing systems in an enterprise environment
- Able to manage own workload and work to deadlines and have excellent time management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and solutions focused
- An ability to quickly adapt to new situations
- Brilliant interpersonal skills
- Experience of working with BI and MI reporting software such as Power BI and SSRS
- Analytical, organized and a good communicator
- Experience of all standard Microsoft applications
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams
- High-level of technical proficiency with a general interest in technology, systems and software
- Experience of working in an Education Environment
You’re unique – and we love that about you. As an equal opportunity employer, we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Don’t just take our word for it though! Our commitment to a number of covenants and pledges will show you just how serious we are about equal opportunities for all:
- Disability Confident Employer
- Armed Forces Covenant Silver
- Domestic Abuse Covenant
- Durham Enable
- Care Leaver Covenant
26 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
We understand the gift of time, whether it’s to see your loved ones or just spending time doing the things you love. That’s why in addition to your basic allowance of 26 days your annual leave allowance can rise to as much as 44 days per annum (inclusive of BH) because of these amazing extra leave perks:
Buy & Sell | You can buy sell up to an extra 5 days annual leave each year
2YRS Service | Staff who have 2YRS service received an extra 2 days annual leave
5YRS Service | Staff who have 5YRS service receive a further 2 days annual leave
10YRS Service | Staff who have 10YRS service receive a further 1 days annual leave
We have a huge range of perks which you can look at here
HEAD OFFICE PERKS
We wish we could provide these to all, but as a national company its not always possible. However these perks are available to all staff when they attend our incredible Head Office space.
- Electric Car charging points
- Free fruit, Coffee and Tea
- Onsite Shower
- Prayer room on request or list of nearest available places of worship
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail or need support in applying for this role, please contact our recruitment team on 01388 777129 or Workforus@Learningcurvegroup.co.uk
If the working hours, days or times don't quite meet your needs please contact us to see if we can accommodate working flexibly.