Technical Knowledge and Skills
An Associate Project Manager will gain the knowledge and skills to be able to support the Project Manager by helping to monitor project scope, timelines, budgets and key milestones. This includes achieving the Level D International Project Management Association (IPMA) qualification, which candidates complete before reaching the gateway. The Associate Project Manager needs to have knowledge of:
• Project governance and delivery
• Stakeholder management and communication
• Budget coordination
• Schedule management
• Contract management and procurement
• Risk and quality management processes
• Collaboration and teamwork - Understand and be effective as part of an integrated team.
• Leadership - Communicate direction and support the vision for project delivery.
• Effective and appropriate communication – Work effectively with and influence others, taking account of diversity and equality. Influence and facilitate effective team performance.
• Drive for results - Demonstrate clear commitment to achieving results and improving performance.
• Integrity, ethics, compliance and professionalism
- Promote the wider public good in all actions, acting in a morally, legally and socially appropriate manner. Promote and model the highest standards of professional integrity, ethics, trust and continued development.
Those with an annual wage bill of less than £3m do not pay the Apprenticeship Levy. Instead, 95% of each apprenticeship is funded by the government whilst a 5% investment is required by the employer to enhance the skills of their employee.
- Employers are also be eligible for a £1000 incentive payment if the apprentice is aged 16 – 18.
- Employers with less than 50 employees and where the apprentice is aged 16 – 18, the government will fund 100% of the apprentice and are eligible for a £1000 incentive payment.
- Employers with those aged 19+ the government will continue to fund 95% of the apprenticeship programme whilst a 5% investment is required by the employer.
Businesses can manage this through the Apprenticeship Service online account.
For more information and guidance on this service then please get in touch with our team, who can give you further information.