- Understanding dementia
- How person-centred approaches are used to underpin the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Supporting positive interaction, occupation and activity in dementia
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care and support
- How to support individuals with dementia to exercise choice and rights
- The administration of medication and well-being of individuals with dementia
Full course title
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care
Study this course with no course fees!
This course is funded via the National Skills Fund. You must either:
- Earn less than £18,525 per year
- Not hold a Level 3 qualification in any subject (equivalent to 2 full A levels, an advanced technical certificate or diploma)
You must also:
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
Not eligible for funding?
Fund your qualification with an Advanced Learner Loan with nothing to pay until you earn over £27k a year. If you are not eligible for a free course through government funding, you can still gain a qualification to further your career with the help of an advanced learner loan. Find out more about Advanced Learner Loans here.
How Learners use this course
By completing this Level 3 course in the Principles of Dementia Care, you can become familiarised with and develop an understanding of how to care for someone who has been diagnosed with dementia, and how to identify the early signs of dementia. This course would be helpful for those looking for a career in Health and Social Care and can lead to roles such as;
- Care Worker (£13,500 to £25,000)
- Social Services Manager (£35,000 to £65,000)
- Social Care Worker (£17,000 to £27,000)