• Theme 1: Health and well-being
• Theme 2: Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
• Theme 3: Play, development and learning for school readiness
If a Learner doesn't already hold an A-C/4-9 IN GCSE Maths and/or English, they will also undergo functional skills up to a level 2 (equivalent to A-C/4-9 GCSE).
How is it assessed?
To gain this qualification the learner will need to:
• Pass all units
• Complete longitudinal study
• Show competence in a real work environment
Do you need to have access to practical placement?
Placements are required for the achievement of this qualification. A minimum of 350 placement hours is required. During placement, learners will need support from a professional within the real work environment who will be required to complete professional development records.
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
Upon achievement of this qualification, learners will gain their licence to practise and it is intended that learners will be able to enter the workforce as Early Years Educators. Learners can progress into various job roles in the statutory, voluntary or private sectors such as:
• Assistant in Children's Centres
• Practitioner in nursery schools
• Practitioner in reception classes in primary schools
• Pre-school worker
- 16+ and have lived in UK or EU for the last 3 years, dependant on status.
- Bursary offered to all eligible 16-19 year-olds.
- Successful candidates will be invited to attend an interview at one of our Academies.
The requirement for Level 3 Early Years Educators (EYE) to hold GCSE English and maths A*-C, has been broadened to Level 2 qualifications, including Functional Skills. This will also apply to an apprenticeship route.
This enables staff with an EYE qualification and Level 2 English and mathematics qualifications to count in the Level 3 staff: child ratios in childcare settings. This includes those who already hold an EYE qualification, began studying an EYE from September 2014, or will achieve an EYE in the future.
LCG Velvet Mills,
Megan - 07458 010 786